Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this bike for about a year since I've had it I've had to pump the front brakes to use them. For example, when I come to a stop and squeeze the handle there's nothing, I have to squeeze, squeeze, squeeze then they finally work. I've bled them, don't know what else to do. Someone said maybe the rotor is bent? What do I do?

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
Have you ever completely flushed out all of the brake fluid and replaced with fresh, from a sealed container? DOT 4?

Do you still have the OEM brake lines on the bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you ever completely flushed out all of the brake fluid and replaced with fresh, from a sealed container? DOT 4?

I've not done either, they are Oem brake lines.

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
If that fluid is from 2015, you have already identified the VAST majority of your problem. Flush the entire brake system, bleed out the air that will become trapped, and let us know how that goes.

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
I've had this bike for about a year since I've had it I've had to pump the front brakes to use them. For example, when I come to a stop and squeeze the handle there's nothing, I have to squeeze, squeeze, squeeze then they finally work. I've bled them, don't know what else to do. Someone said maybe the rotor is bent? What do I do?
This isn't even remotely safe and absolutely idiotic to ride it this way........

Easy enough to check to see if the rotors are bent, but good odds you have master cylinder issues, either air trapped or the seal/piston is bad and needs a rebuild.my bet is on the later given your description

But for fucks sake............ Brakes are a #1 top priority to your safety, only behind tires!!!

Reactions: Strider

·
Registered
18’ 6R | 20’ MT10
160 Posts

How often do you change your fluid? Mileage or time duration dependent?

·
Registered
18’ 6R | 20’ MT10
160 Posts
Annually. Not mileage dependent. The fluid absorbs water from the moment the container seal is broken.
Well, well I am due then 😅, add it to my list. I still as a newer bike owner am learning the maintenance schedules. Thank you for answering my many questions btw RJ. I appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts