Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Don't overthink it.... As long as they are the correct length, have vinyl over the jacket material, have good coating on the fixtures so they don't start rusting immediately they're all very much the same thing.

Some go the extra distance and have adjustable connectors so you can try and perfect the angle the lines come away from the calipers or MC. Overkill, IMHO.

Anything that has a stiff jacket over a teflon core, is considerably better than the rubber jacket OEM lines. Particularly as the OEM lines age and become less rigid than they were when new.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Don't overthink it.... As long as they are the correct length, have vinyl over the jacket material, have good coating on the fixtures so they don't start rusting immediately they're all very much the same thing.

Some go the extra distance and have adjustable connectors so you can try and perfect the angle the lines come away from the calipers or MC. Overkill, IMHO.

Anything that has a stiff jacket over a teflon core, is considerably better than the rubber jacket OEM lines. Particularly as the OEM lines age and become less rigid than they were when new.

I think RJ is largely correct. I had Spiegler on my 1000RR; and on a 996S I used Galfer; on two different R1s I used HEL; and my 636 I used Core Moto. Never had any complaints from any of the above.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I think RJ is largely correct. I had Spiegler on my 1000RR; and on a 996S I used Galfer; on two different R1s I used HEL; and my 636 I used Core Moto. Never had any complaints from any of the above.
./ Thread hijack.......

How are you doing? Good to see you posting a little. Always worth the read.

·
Registered
664 Posts
./ Thread hijack.......

Speaking of not posting in a while...hi RI and ZedExMuse.

I have Spiegler lines on both my ZX and FZ. Solid quality and built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
For my 2012, I ordered CoroMoto front/rear line set right off the website and it was a perfect fit on the front lengthwise. It was a tad bit long on the rear but that's only because I had also installed vortex reatsets at the same time, and set the brake side peg position as far to the rear as possible, which moves the rear MC a little closer to the rear caliper. But I looped the brake line over the rear caliper enough that the rest of the line goes nicely under the tire hugger and bracket and all the way to the rear MC. So in the end it looks awesome. And now the front brakes bite with very little pull on the lever, and is so firm all the way. I would tend to agree that any steel line would perform more or less about the same. But you do get slightly different color options from different manufactures. And spiegler lets you rotate the ends, which wasn't something that I felt like I was missing with my install.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
./ Thread hijack.......

Well, I still have to wear my neck bracket probably for 6+ more weeks. Still use a cane; this is more cautionary because there cannot be any possibility of falling. A fall could very well be the end of my story. My C1-2 have ≈ ¼" fractures in ea.

The orthopod is waiting to see how much bone remodeling occurs to determine when/if surgery is needed. I had extensive reconstructive surgery at my L4-5 several years ago - worst experience of my life. Thus, I am very willing to be patient, and see what Mother Nature will provide.

I live with constant headaches from mid-occipital/parietal regions. Feels like a giant is trying to pry my cranium apart. I no longer use opiates so that I can legally drive. My 16=yr son has no desires to get a DL, so I need to drive. When I was 16 I had my mom take me to DMV first thing in the morning of my 16th BD to take my test. Went a few months later to get my rider endorsement.

I still lust after/desire motorbikes - that will probably never leave me. But the week that I returned home from rehab I reiterated to my son that I would give up bikes for him. And that's a promise I have to keep.

*I wish all of you a healthy and safe 2020. Like I stated before in my goodbye open letter that I sincerely believe this is a truly great community. I wish that all of you keep it non-political, keep it respectful, and keep it helpful. You all need to contribute in positive ways for it to work.

And under no circumstances let Face Book win!

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Well, I still have to wear my neck bracket probably for 6+ more weeks. Still use a cane; this is more cautionary because there cannot be any possibility of falling. A fall could very well be the end of my story. My C1-2 have ≈ ¼" fractures in ea.

The orthopod is waiting to see how much bone remodeling occurs to determine when/if surgery is needed. I had extensive reconstructive surgery at my L4-5 several years ago - worst experience of my life. Thus, I am very willing to be patient, and see what Mother Nature will provide.

I live with constant headaches from mid-occipital/parietal regions. Feels like a giant is trying to pry my cranium apart. I no longer use opiates so that I can legally drive. My 16=yr son has no desires to get a DL, so I need to drive. When I was 16 I had my mom take me to DMV first thing in the morning of my 16th BD to take my test. Went a few months later to get my rider endorsement.

I still lust after/desire motorbikes - that will probably never leave me. But the week that I returned home from rehab I reiterated to my son that I would give up bikes for him. And that's a promise I have to keep.
It
*I wish all of you a healthy and safe 2020. Like I stated before in my goodbye open letter that I sincerely believe this is a truly great community. I wish that all of you keep it non-political, keep it respectful, and keep it helpful. You all need to contribute in positive ways for it to work.

And under no circumstances let Face Book win!

May each year going forward, be better than the last. I despise hearing when serious injuries occur to anyone, :rantbut much more so when it's someone who I have come to admire. Particularly when they routinely do everything right.

Knowing that there is a plan, a process, and a goal...... Each victory is an accomplishment in and of itself. Sufficient unto the day.

I'll bear your progress in mind, whenever I start feeling down about my situation. :hail:

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Any Manufacturers that have a Full ABS Version Kit for the 2019 Models?
I don't think anybody "officially" makes them for ABS versions. You would most likely have to piece everything together yourself or find out if somebody can custom make all the lines you will need for the ABS system.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't think anybody "officially" makes them for ABS versions. You would most likely have to piece everything together yourself or find out if somebody can custom make all the lines you will need for the ABS system.

Spiegler makes lines for ABS models. I have been currently installing installing them on my 2017 FZ-09

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Spiegler makes lines for ABS models. I have been currently installing installing them on my 2017 FZ-09
Interesting, and good to know! Last time I looked at their web site (a few weeks ago) I didn't see anything for ABS (at least on the ZX-6R).

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
:BigGrin:BigGrin
May each year going forward, be better than the last. I despise hearing when serious injuries occur to anyone, :rantbut much more so when it's someone who I have come to admire. Particularly when they routinely do everything right.

Knowing that there is a plan, a process, and a goal...... Each victory is an accomplishment in and of itself. Sufficient unto the day.

I'll bear your progress in mind, whenever I start feeling down about my situation. :hail:

I appreciate the kind words. RJ, I greatly respect your presence, wisdom, and patience. Though, I think I love your dry whit as much as anything... it shows a keen mind.

I do miss the ZX-6R community. I feel I have come to know many of you. I love the over all intelligence and passion inhabits this Forum.

I feel that my obligation to step away from motorbikes is really quite a challenge for me. I tease myself with the notion of a SS/SB track only bike... or more of a back road sport tourer, àla Ninja 1000ABS w/ OEM hard bags - I know, fetch my robe and slippers for Gramps; this would be my mental health therapy. But if either scenario ever avails itself it will have to wait several years.

I too take note of persons who are in a vastly worse way than I am, and focus on the fact that I am still alive, AND bipedal. The police and ED folks were all amazed that I was not paralyzed from the neck down. Or obviously not dead. As passionate as I am about bikes, I have much more to live for. I have promises to keep.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
:BigGrin:BigGrin

I appreciate the kind words. RJ, I greatly respect your presence, wisdom, and patience. Though, I think I love your dry whit as much as anything... it shows a keen mind.

I do miss the ZX-6R community. I feel I have come to know many of you. I love the over all intelligence and passion inhabits this Forum.

I feel that my obligation to step away from motorbikes is really quite a challenge for me. I tease myself with the notion of a SS/SB track only bike... or more of a back road sport tourer, àla Ninja 1000ABS w/ OEM hard bags - I know, fetch my robe and slippers for Gramps; this would be my mental health therapy. But if either scenario ever avails itself it will have to wait several years.

I too take note of persons who are in a vastly worse way than I am, and focus on the fact that I am still alive, AND bipedal. The police and ED folks were all amazed that I was not paralyzed from the neck down. Or obviously not dead. As passionate as I am about bikes, I have much more to live for. I have promises to keep.

I went out and vacuumed out my car. Pulled the mats out, cleared everything out of the trunk, pulled back the carpeting and went to town. No more than 45 minutes, and I'm winded from it.:coocoo

Makes me even happier that I did the body work while I was early in the radiation treatment. That would take me 6 months now, rather than 4 weeks part time.

Not even close to where you are re-grouping from; my wife encourages me that when I can't ride the ZX6, she'll buy me a three wheeler so I can keep riding. When the time comes that I have consumed everything remaining in the ZX, we'll move on to another two wheeled bike if I am able. Once I can't be stable on two, I'll go back to four. A Miata, or a similar open top lightweight (Lotus? :devilish) that actually has analog controls would be the most appealing option at that point.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts