Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this maybe a stupid question but here we go anyway! i have a zx6r j2 model my brake lights dont work but the rear lights are always on even with the lights of any ideas what i can do?? has anyone else had this problem?? i have checked the bulbs and they are fine, and checked all the fuses!!!

please help

many thanks

kev

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Maybe the rear lights being on is the brakes lights always being on.

1st, listen for the switch action on the front lever. Pull one of the wires off the brake light switch and see if the lights stay on or go off. If no change go to the rear brake.

On the rear brake make sure when you press the pedal it pulls the pin down out of the switch and when you release the pedal the pins goes back in. Pull the plug off the switc hand see if the lights go out at the back.

(As soon as I got my bike the 1st thing I did was adjust all levers and the gear shift and rear brake. The rearbrake I lowered and forgot to adjust the brake light switch and my brake lights were on permanently too)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)thanks for the advice, just checked the front lever and was not making the "clicking" noise the plastic pad was not position so was not engageing the brake light, all done now thank god.....thanks again

kev:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts