Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys i'm super bored and since i've never posted pics of my ride i'd thought i'd share a bit. Nothing exciting, just some pics i've got saved on my computer....

Bike's a 2004 ZX6-RR Homologation special.

Here she is the night i brought her home...

Then i low-sided(banghead) and decided to experiment with the street-fighter look while i was repairing my plastics ! Headlights are super cheap Autozone APC driving lights and yes they burnt out in like 3 days

and here is how i mounted the gauge unit on the ram air tube....

And here are a few random pics...

About to head on a ~2,000 mile tour of florida with my dad and his friend. Suprising enough once that bag was mounted on i barely noticed it was there!
Warning: this is a recipe for squaring off a perfectly good tire. I killed a very expensive rear Pilot Power 2CT doing this trip. Next time it'll be some dedicated sport touring rubber.

Europe 2006. Swiss alps+snow+hail+rain+230miles+ 1 SV650s = one hell of a feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day!

And we cap it of with one sweet John Players Special paint job on a Buell

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's mounted on its own bracket which bolts on to the inside side of the muffler, currently i rock it with no passenger pegs....

·
Registered
82 Posts
My fairings are trashed as well on my 03 rr. I think you've inspired me to go naked untill my new oem's get in. Just thinking out loud, haven't check'd it out yet, but I think I might lose the guages and ram air box. I also like the black fairings, they'd look good w/ another big green Kawasaki or ZX6RR sticker on the lowers to help blend w/ the tank. I would do that if my 03 frame was black. I love that about the 04's.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I think I'm gonna repaint it black and then get some custom green decals done up to tie-in the tank. I love the fact that the bike is mostly black but i'm glad the tank is the original green cause it kinda reminds you of why the bike is special. I'll be shaving the mirrors though and putting some bar-end one's on. Also plan on powder coating the stock rear-sets black and a pro-bolt accessory pack with all sorts of good stuff(bar ends, oil cap, ect.) in anodized gold.

I can't wait! :yumyum

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah when you put them on be sure to post pics. Who makes the kit and can I look it up online? I try to do the gold as much as possible as well.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i know a local company who does custom vinyl graphics but if not then maybe Tapeworks.com or something:O It's pretty simple really, i just need a few ninja logos and some zx6-rr only i want the kast r to be bright red. Should look clean when i'm done. All i need now is some extra capital... :yes

1 - 20 of 22 Posts