Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Pick your shoe type (multi voting options) Pics below

• Boots (spirited rides only)

Votes: 49 20.4%
  • Boots (every time all the time)

Votes: 121 50.4%
  • Military/work boots (spirited rides)

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • military/ work boots (riding around town)

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • Riding shoes (spirited rides)

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Riding shoes (all the time everytime)

Votes: 53 22.1%
  • Hightop shoes (yes,guilty of using this for spirited rides)

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • Hightop shoes (only to ride around town)

Votes: 28 11.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i searched and really couldn't find and a good topic discussion so here it goes.

I realized riding boots are ideally the best solution when riding so please don't tell me something I don't already know.

I do have boots just not riding boots. They are mil spec boots, yes i'm serving, and I usually wear those during my spirited rides. they look like this

Only downside is when I have to go somewhere that is not work I really do prefer not to wear my boots, gets hot and i'm already in them enough i'd like to change it up. So I was looking at a set of these to get for both rides, possibly spirited, and walking around...

Then I see a lot of riders wearing high top sneakers to and from their house and running errands. They do cover the ankles and even sportbiketrackgear.com carries some of these types of shoes, I think they are DVS shoes. They look like this.

So my question is, what do you all either typically wear during your rides while running errands or even spirited rides and what should I end up spending my money on?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Is this for real? April Fools was yesterday bud...

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I do't have any "dedicated" shoes... but the best or most sturdy pair I have are my High top Rebok Zig-Techs. I used my Nike running shoes for a while, but when I saw the thread with a guys foot completely torn to shreds... I started using these lol.

Here's a pic.

I do want riding boots really bad though. Also want a new helmet and good fitting riding gloves... but first I need to worry about making the money to get them (since I had to buy ANOTHER clutch cable...)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just bought a set of S and S Run with the Bulls Moto shoes. They look like high top sneakers but they are armored.

I have not worn them yet but they seems like pretty good quality.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I also wear my military boots while in uniform. When not in uniform I have these: Thor 50/50 Boots Offroad Riding Boots I got them very slightly used on Craigslist for like $30. I wouldn't recommend high-top shoes, they do meet the Mil-Spec but don't offer the protection you want.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I wear my riding boots all the damn time. No idea what mil-spec boots are like, but I can have my SMX5s on all day, even at work, walk around in them for hours if need be, and they feel okay.
Any kind of riding... even to the store, I have the riding boots. There is really no point in buying semi-riding boots like the ones you've got in mind. Get dedicated boots that go up to your calves and spend the money only once, not on junk.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Reactions: Kali636

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this for real? April Fools was yesterday bud...
this really isn't a joke. please read my entire post before stating any opinion. And if you have never worn anything less than riding boots then more power to you but I have a feeling that myself as well as others are guilty of wearing sneakers or anything less than riding boots in our lifetime of riding so I was curious as to what people currently use or have used.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I polish the shoes a couple times a week to keep them in good shape. Those bastards cost more than a good pair of riding boots.
Yeah my shifter never stays clean somehow... I have black streaks al over my white shoes :laugh

I'm starting "Spaceballs the Charity" ... if anyone has any extra shit they wanna get rid of... like boots... PM me before ya toss them :devious

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
My weekend boots are Alpinestars, similar to these

I had them given to me almost brand new by a friend in Seattle who decided he didn't have the guts for daily riding up there.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
this really isn't a joke. please read my entire post before stating any opinion. And if you have never worn anything less than riding boots then more power to you but I have a feeling that myself as well as others are guilty of wearing sneakers or anything less than riding boots in our lifetime of riding so I was curious as to what people currently use or have used.
Actually I was referring to your lack of searching and how there was a few threads on here not very long ago about the same topic.... but hey if that's how you took it cool.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Actually I was referring to your lack of searching and how there was a few threads on here not very long ago about the same topic.... but hey if that's how you took it cool.

Now see here's the catch 22. If he creates a thread and there's another thread about it he's gonna get crapped on for a dupe thread. But yet if he searches, finds the old thread and then wants to actually post in it he'll get crapped on for bumping old threads. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The solution is simple, don't post in it if it doesn't interest you or it's a dupe.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Now see here's the catch 22. If he creates a thread and there's another thread about it he's gonna get crapped on for a dupe thread. But yet if he searches, finds the old thread and then wants to actually post in it he'll get crapped on for bumping old threads. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The solution is simple, don't post in it if it doesn't interest you or it's a dupe.
I have no issue with bumping an old thread, atleast it showed the effort, or hey even make mention of the old thread and say I didn't find what I was looking for but almost the exact same thread, even a stupid poll again??? really???

Reactions: pokinarrow

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did see other topics but nothing quite as extensive or that goes in to detail. If i missed a thread please show me. The more information I know the better.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Track and Spirited rides I use track boots. To work and back and around town I wear high top hiking boots, something like this:

1 - 20 of 122 Posts