Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been doing a lot of maintenance on my bike this spring and much needed replacements from the condition it was in when I bought it before. I am missing a good amount of bolts and rivets from the fairings due to broken fairings and such when I got it. I'm replacing fairings now but want to get all my missing hardware. I've tried looking at parts diagrams and making a list but is there already possibly a list of what screws go where and so forth? Or if I'd be better off buying a completehardware kit I wouldn't mind going that route, I've just read there's a lot of cheap ones out there and I want to avoid wasting my money on low grade screws.

The bolts on a parts site I've ordered from before have the bolts no lower than $2 same with rivets. I appreciate any help guys. Just trying to get my bike back together so I can finally enjoy some of the nice weather when it hits.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I'd stay with OEM or go to a hardware store and get them yourself. Don't buy shit offline, especially Chinese. They'll be made of a cheaper metal that will either rust or strip easy. If you have, say, one of the fairing screws, and you need like 6. Take the one you have to a hardware store and try to find it as stainless steel (so it don't rust). That might save you a little money and most hardware stores have measurement tools that'll help you measure the screw so you pick the right one out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about trying that and I guess I'd probably still have to order the rIveta unless I get lucky.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Pro Bolt is awesome but SUPER spendy. Also, colors are limited and only available in aluminum (pretty sure). It is high grade aluminum. DZUS fasteners are pre-drilled and high quality.

Bike bolts http://www.sportbikebolts.com is way more affordable PLUS they're steel with tons of color combos. Drawback is they don't have many of the specialty bolts that our bikes have, like bolts with collars between head and threads, flanged button heads (eg. Gas tank side bolts), etc.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
I'd stay with OEM or go to a hardware store and get them yourself. Don't buy shit offline, especially Chinese. They'll be made of a cheaper metal that will either rust or strip easy. If you have, say, one of the fairing screws, and you need like 6. Take the one you have to a hardware store and try to find it as stainless steel (so it don't rust). That might save you a little money and most hardware stores have measurement tools that'll help you measure the screw so you pick the right one out.
^^^ this ^^^ if you're cool with standard stainless color. My ACE actually has black chrome steel. Retardedly expensive. They also have race grade aluminum but there's never any in stock.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Ask your local track guys. Anyone who has built a racebike has buckets of these things as they are all replaced with dzus or titanium fasteners.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ask your local track guys. Anyone who has built a racebike has buckets of these things as they are all replaced with dzus or titanium fasteners.
Unfortunately there's not a track anywhere near me that I'm aware of. I'm not interestedin changing all my bolts to a special color so regular stainless is fine for me. I'll check that route before ordering unless it's more cost effective

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Unfortunately there's not a track anywhere near me that I'm aware of. I'm not interestedin changing all my bolts to a special color so regular stainless is fine for me. I'll check that route before ordering unless it's more cost effective
For stainless, Bike bolts should get you 80% of the way there. Mostly M5 and M6. Pro Bolts to finish the specialty bolts.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
The whole fairing bolt kit in any of the colors of aluminum is only ~$50 at Pro-bolt. That seems pretty cost effective to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts