Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I've had this problem a while now. Ive just changed the plugs / oil / filters etc with no avail.

The bike starts first time everytime. When I start riding it, the bike bogs down either when im pulling off or even once I get going if I try and full throttle it. which can be pretty dangerous as it causes me to kangaroo the bike when pulling out of junctions or I can sometimes almost come to a stop.

I can temporarily cure ths by wacking the choke on 3/4. but then I end up coming to a junction with little control as the bike is revving really high. After a bit of riding it is absolutely fine.

This happens even if I let my bike warm up for 10 minutes or so before riding.

Any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Hi guys,
I've had this problem a while now. Ive just changed the plugs / oil / filters etc with no avail.

The bike starts first time everytime. When I start riding it, the bike bogs down either when im pulling off or even once I get going if I try and full throttle it. which can be pretty dangerous as it causes me to kangaroo the bike when pulling out of junctions or I can sometimes almost come to a stop.

I can temporarily cure ths by wacking the choke on 3/4. but then I end up coming to a junction with little control as the bike is revving really high. After a bit of riding it is absolutely fine.

This happens even if I let my bike warm up for 10 minutes or so before riding.

Any Ideas?
Sounds like fuel starvation.....maybe gummed up fuel filter? I would start there...

Otherwise you may have to take a look at your carbs mate

Reactions: labtec104

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, Fuel filter looks spot on. i've never changed it and ive had the bike 2 years but its not even discoloured or anything :/ I did get down to the carbs but my inexperience was an issue as I didn't really know what I was looking for lol. They looked clean but what am I to know :/

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Thanks mate, Fuel filter looks spot on. i've never changed it and ive had the bike 2 years but its not even discoloured or anything :/ I did get down to the carbs but my inexperience was an issue as I didn't really know what I was looking for lol. They looked clean but what am I to know :/
"Looking" at the carbs will not always do the trick...yes if they were very gummed up you would "See" it. But more often then not its just the jet needles that can get gummed up..or even 1-2 holes in the jet needles....

Then again could be various different possibilities (Sync, float bowls, jet needles, jet seats, etc....)

Obviously I would start with simplest stuff....Air filter (you did), fuel filter (you did), maybe soak/clean the carbs before you make any changes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cheers, il have to have a search round and see how easy it is to sort my carbs myself (basic knowledge) if it looks like it will be to difficult I shall have to book it in somewhere, it has been going on for quite a while now, I need to get it sorted lol - one of those problems you try and ignore ha :/

·
Registered
161 Posts
As said above. Probably the mid jet. Myself I would replace them all. They're cheap. Then you know for sure that they're clean.

Another option if you can live with it for a while is to run seafoam through it for a couple tanks. Add some to the fuel and let it work its magic. Iv had success with that stuff more times than not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.