Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 zx6r with 10,000miles
It sat for 1year and then drove fine with some fuel injector cleaner added, then it sat for one winter with the tank off.
Right now my bike Boggs down at full throttle, so much so that I cant get over 80mph :/
I belive it is a clogged fuel fillter. But you cant just buy the fuel fillter from any parts place, you have to buy the whole pump($320)
So I took mine apart and cleaned it with compressed air and carb&choke cleaner. But nothing got any better......
Could it be anything else? Is there a second fillter? I don't want to buy the whole pump if that's not what is wrong.
Would love some help on this.:O

·
Registered
170 Posts
i didnt know ninja 600's could even do 80 mph, not that most guys riding them would dare go that fast either way.
Really guy if you just laid off the gixer this and that a bit and cool.your jets on bashing all Kawasaki then your stay might be a bit more enjoyable and people might start liking you.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Really guy if you just laid off the gixer this and that a bit and cool.your jets on bashing all Kawasaki then your stay might be a bit more enjoyable and people might start liking you.
Oh hell no. This kid will not be liked. Period.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
He is just an internet troll looking for some laughs but was dumb enough to post pictures of his bike on here first :laugh
Lol yeah I just found that. How dumb do you get :coocoo I guess even trolling takes more smarts than this kid has :laugh

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 07 zx6r with 10,000miles
It sat for 1year and then drove fine with some fuel injector cleaner added, then it sat for one winter with the tank off.
Right now my bike Boggs down at full throttle, so much so that I cant get over 80mph :/
I belive it is a clogged fuel fillter. But you cant just buy the fuel fillter from any parts place, you have to buy the whole pump($320)
So I took mine apart and cleaned it with compressed air and carb&choke cleaner. But nothing got any better......
Could it be anything else? Is there a second fillter? I don't want to buy the whole pump if that's not what is wrong.
Would love some help on this.:O

My 07 just did this, after 30% throttle or up to 80mph it just bogged, got way worse after a week it wouldn't do 50mph, checked fuel pressure, pump was going out, so check that first before wastong any money on other tings, hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Sounds like u may be a fatty and should of got a 1400.... It's ok to be a fatty... That just leaves more 600's for the rest of us :D..

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
is their a fi light on? have you chacked your air filter i know dumb questions but i would start with easy stuff

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At half throttle it is just fine. I can hit 75mph with half throttle but once I got past a certain point or full throttle it cuts in and out (like it hiccups) like it is starving for gas. Does it at every speed and every gear

·
Registered
185 Posts
yea that sounds like fuel to me to the lower injectors is where the full throtle comes into play i wonder if you can pull them out and clean them with some injector cleaner its worth a shot

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Honestly I am smaller then you in the pants I bet lol.
I don't think that's something to be bragging about... Some people such as myself have been blessed with average sized male parts.. There are surgeries that can help you out.. But they are expensive and it is never as good as it was before.. Always droopy..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts