Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Many years ago, I took a solid black helmet, and covered the whole thing in triangles of 3M reflective tape. random shapes, random sizes, in red, silver, blue, and green. I never saw the helmet from outside of it at night, so I can't tell you how much it lit up -- I hope it burned some retinas. :)

I did that in such a way that anyone who saw the helmet would know which way I was looking. Contrasting colors so you could tell when I wasn't looking straight ahead.

Flat adhesive tape shouldn't affect the performance of the shell in the event of an accident. Anything that might catch and cause twisting, or possibly puncture the shell = Bad Idea.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I dunno, seems to me like the last thing women need when riding is more attention called to themselves. It's gotta be hard enough just trying to ride as a women, developing trailing entourages of squids that follow you into your orbit for a shot at impressing the "chick on the bike" I honestly don't know if thats offensive, or sexist or whatever....Im not, I swear, but guys are stupid, and If I were a women, lower key the better...But hey, if you like it...rock the shit outta that bad bo....er... bad girl!
I see what you mean, I felt the same way about being judged but.. I got over it lol. I ride for my enjoyment and I could care less about what others think. It's kinda funny, some guy in a truck (Harley Davidson sticker in the back window) and he saw me and just shook his head. He then rolled down his window and yelled I thought you were a dude! Funny

I tried attaching my file, I blinged out a fully functional DOT helmet. I ride track and don't consider myself to be a "poser" . I've had no problems with aerodynamics or anything of the sort. If it's something you're interested in, do it!
Thanks so sharing! I love it! It's so sparkly!!

I went ahead and did it...I've had NO issues with aerodynamicy, noise, weight, nothing!! It's high visibility and I do get lots of looks and compliments. I LOVE IT.

More power to you. Everything about riding is a highly personal decision..... own it. I guess my only concern in the long term would be how do you clean that thing? It's probably not as much of a concern out West..... here on the East coast, you'd have a layer of bugs embedded in that within a week or two. I'm guessing you can't apply much pressure to scrub it off or you'd knock off the bling.

Opinions?

*none of these photos are mine, just random ones i found online
It wouldn't be the helmet that I'd be looking at above - what a bod... :)

Plus talk of riding "low key" being a female, whose likely to attract attention as a female biker. There certainly isn't that mentality over here (UK), infact 99% of bikers are covered up, head to toe in leather or "textile" gear (winter OR summer), so you'd hardly tell it was a female riding a bike anyway - you'd never have a girl dressed like the above here.

The helmet thing, well it would be her choice - certainly attention seeking, garish comes to mind.
Plus from a safety perspective, she wont be appreciating her custom helmet, sliding down the tarmac with all those "jewels" getting crushed up and entering her face, eyes, mouth, etc!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.