Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Blacking out your headlights!

8K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  balla_08 
#1 ·
Hello, recently I was advised that instead of blacking out my headlights, some company sells covers that clip on or something of the sort. This would be preferable as I hear blacking them out SIGNIFICANTLY reduces headlight effectiveness. I would greatly appreciate any information you have!
:hump6 :hump6 :hump6 :hump6 :hump6 :hump6
[/IMG]

See less See more
#3 ·
Why? Any kind of black out or smoking of the headlights for street use will only make it harder for inattentive cagers to cut you off, potentially cause you to crash your bike, and indirectly contribute to my high insurance premiums.

Don't do it...for the street.

EDIT: did you really bump a 4 minute old post?

#7 ·
Im looking at it as far as photoshoots and some day riding go, but mostly for the photos, i have some places interested because of the mods/theme i got going and thats one mod id like to be able to take off when its not being snapped.

and yea i get impatient on the interwebs :upside:

#9 ·
covers i got years ago ......i got from ebay....and you can put your headlights on and they are clearly seen through the covers but i only use them during the day ........in the UK alot of bikes run headlamp covers its a common site at the weekends seeing all the weekend warlords racing through the country with blacked out headlamps.......

#13 ·
That looks like black electrical tape, done for a trackday, i think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.