Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt do the traditional American Black Friday this year. I didn't get up at 4am just to go stand in the freezing cold for hours waiting for a store to open just to save a few bucks. Instead I went to one of my local motorcycle dealerships and got a great deal on a new 2013 zx6r.

I live in Ohio! If you know Ohio, you know I won't be riding anytime soon. So I'm taking this winter to give her some upgrades and thought I would share my process and get some help at the same time.

Parts on the way:)
-integrated smoked tail light
-rear fender eliminator kit

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Why buy a fender eliminator if you have an integrated tail light? A couple "L" brackets and the license plate bracket from the stock fender and your golden. Order some led license plate bolts and you're perfectly legal and have money to spend on other mods :bigthumb:

Awesome idea for Black Friday, get some pics up!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice bike and good color. I am surprised there are still 2013's out there. I can only imagine the deals that's going to be on the 2013's in 2015. I wonder if there will still be some out there in the summer of 2015. What do you guys expect or how much would you pay for a 2013 in the year 2015?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! The exhaust needs to go bad! That's going to be a tuff one for me. I like the m4 and a few others. This Vance and Hines pipe caught my eye.

I need some suggestions
- power commander?
- motorcycle stand? Which is the best for zx6r

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice bike and good color. I am surprised there are still 2013's out there. I can only imagine the deals that's going to be on the 2013's in 2015. I wonder if there will still be some out there in the summer of 2015. What do you guys expect or how much would you pay for a 2013 in the year 2015?
There were still 2 green 2013 sitting on the showroom floor when I got this one. Let's just say I could probably sell this one right now for more then I paid. Great deal!! There hasn't been much change in the 13-15 zx6r models. So it's almost like a 2015 hahaha

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Thanks! The exhaust needs to go bad! That's going to be a tuff one for me. I like the m4 and a few others. This Vance and Hines pipe caught my eye.

I need some suggestions
- power commander?
- motorcycle stand? Which is the best for zx6r
It is loud a fuck. Nice choice though.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
How many bikes have you owned? How long have you been riding?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yes lose that whale dick exhaust asap. I'd get an exhaust with some form of noise reductiom in it. Today I removed the guts out of my Muzzy M10 so its basically a megaphone and its ridiculously loud and will be putting the center back in. I started to get a headache riding today but it sounded good:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been riding since I was 4 on dirtbikes. Got my first street bike at 18. (Fzr). It's been down slope since then. I currently have 1987 gsxr 750. 2002 ninja 250(wife's) 1985 kawasaki eliminator and a suzuki rm 125. And of course the new zx6r. I'll be 30 yrs young in a few months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been riding since I was 4 on dirtbikes. Got my first street bike at 18. (Fzr). It's been down slope since then. I currently have 1987 gsxr 750. 2002 ninja 250(wife's) 1985 kawasaki eliminator and a suzuki rm 125. And of course the new zx6r. I'll be 30 yrs young in a few months.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
That's great, the ZX6R is great for track days. If you never done one now might be a good time. Lowcel on here does a lot of days at mid- Ohio I think, he could fill you in .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts