Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling apart an '04 636 with some pretty gnarly knocking. I'd never heard this engine running so when I took it apart and found a faulty CCT and guides we replaced them hoping that was the noise. Built the bike back up and got the motor in. Test fired and the first time I got to hear this engine for myself I immediately knew we didn't go far enough. Which bums me out a little considering I've had this engine in my possession for about 6 months :(

Anyway.... decided we needed to pull it apart so I set up the camera and went to work. I'm editing down the engine tear down parts now and hopefully I'll have them edited down soon. They're much more step by step than this, but I figured I'd throw this up as a quick tutorial on a basic removal of a 636 engine. Total time it took me was about 40 minutes from start to finish. Of course, there's no fairings on this bike so that helps.

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
You would highly benefit from even the most basic of lifts........or even an elevated work stand that you wheel the bike up via a ramp

Working on the ground absolutely sucks donkey balls...........

Must bungee cord up the brake calipers.....although not sure why they are even off for this

But hey...............it isn't terrible you old scruffy bearded dog you

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would highly benefit from even the most basic of lifts........or even an elevated work stand that you wheel the bike up via a ramp

Working on the ground absolutely sucks donkey balls...........

Must bungee cord up the brake calipers.....although not sure why they are even off for this

But hey...............it isn't terrible you old scruffy bearded dog you
You'll probably like this one better :D

I'd just moved into this shop when I dropped that Kawi motor. Buddy had brought it by with a pretty bad knock so we just decided to drop it out right then and there. I've since built up the shop better and have more lifts :D

(Now that I have tripods and a second camera too, the videos will be better :laugh )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts