Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my front head stand delivered yesterday, assembled it in 2mins with the 15mm pin. Purchased this so I could take my wheels off for new rubber (PREVIOUS THREAD).
Problem is it doesnt fit! Slid the pin into the top yoke and the stand body hits on the underside of front nose fairing. Damm itt really dont wanna take the front fairinf off to take my wheel off. Anyone else have this problem?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIKETEK-FRONT...ryZ25644QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Appritiate help as always.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I got a Micron front stand and a mate gave me an old Kawasaki adaptor for it as the right one was not in the packaging. Trust Kawasaki to make theirs a different size!
Don't know about your Biketek stand though. Might have to buy adaptor too......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think you missunderstood the pin fits into the yoke but the body of the stand hits the fairing. Although a longer pin might give more clearence

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yeah, that's what i was talking about too!
My micron stand goes through bottom of yoke too. It IS a little tight to fairing and then the front mudguard when lifting it up BUT does work ok. If you're having a REALLY bad day though, it's highly possible to cause some impressive scratches and gouges of paint. Doh!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to get the bike in the air by packing out the pin under the yoke. Thought everything would be good then another kick in the nuts!! The paddock stand is right in the way of the front wheel spindle so you cant get it out.
Feel like burning the bastard.
Any ideas anyone?
Anyone want to take it off my hands? Paid 60 quid 4 it you can have it for 30 would probably fit other models.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nah, I'll stick with my Micron thanks....

IT WORKS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts