Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with extreme sadness that I have to make this post.

But my 2009 ZX6R and my neighbors 2012 R1 were stolen last night from our apartment complex. I woke up this morning and saw that my bike was gone, called my neighbor and asked if he was home and if his bike was suppose to be here. The worst part is that I took off full coverage a couple months ago because the insurance was too high from the speeding tickets I had on my license. The tickets were coming off later this month and I was going to add it back on. I'm kicking my self in the ass and should have stuck with making the insurance payments as I'm stuck now paying for something I don't have.

So, here is a description of my bike and my neighbors, as I ask that people keep their eyes open that are from the area. It's a long shot but it doesn't hurt to put it out there:

2009 Kawasaki ZX6R candy surf blue with carbon fiber vinyl wrap on the gas tank. It has an M4 exhaust, GPR Stabilizer, and a PCV. It had a rear seat cowl with the passenger pegs taken off as well.

Picture is before I put the M4 on.

My friends bike is a blue 2012 R1. No mods, still had the fender on.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
SO sorry to hear that man! I hope you get it back and it's all in good condition!

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
That sucks man. I feel your pain. Maybe the thief will end up like a motorcycle thief here did in Long Beach. Guy steals a Honda Repsol from a garage and in his haste to get away he runs a red light hits a car broadside gets thrown into the light pole, and the pole wasn't going to move for the guy. So that dude died of a broken neck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm so sorry... :(
I don't live near the area but I hope you & your neighbor are able to recover your bikes somehow.

I have often worried about my bike in my apartment complex, even though it's gated, it's still fairly easy to get in & out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aw man another one? Holy crap I'm fortunate to have a garage. So sorry to hear that.
Thanks man!! Heavily debating now on waiting until I get a new place with a garage or buying a pod at a storage facility lol.

SO sorry to hear that man! I hope you get it back and it's all in good condition!
*Fingers crossed*

That sucks man. I feel your pain. Maybe the thief will end up like a motorcycle thief here did in Long Beach. Guy steals a Honda Repsol from a garage and in his haste to get away he runs a red light hits a car broadside gets thrown into the light pole, and the pole wasn't going to move for the guy. So that dude died of a broken neck.
Karma would be awesome right about now lol

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm so sorry... :(
I don't live near the area but I hope you & your neighbor are able to recover your bikes somehow.

I have often worried about my bike in my apartment complex, even though it's gated, it's still fairly easy to get in & out.
I HIGHLY suggest buying an alarm, wheel locks, and a chain to wrap that shit around a tree or something lol

Reactions: Nyxesque

·
Registered
59 Posts
I HIGHLY suggest buying an alarm, wheel locks, and a chain to wrap that shit around a tree or something lol
I have a disc lock... but unfortunately I live in an apartment complex & the management is really unhelpful.
I've asked them more than once to move my space to part of the complex where I can lock my bike to something but every time one becomes available they give it away.
I was the first biker to move in & how there are 3 bikes (all with great spaces where they can chain up their motorcycles) and I'm still stuck with a crappy spot. :rant

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Damn, dude. I cannot imagine my pride and joy not being there the next morning. Hope they are traced and you're back with her soon.

I keep thinking I may be idiotic for keeping her in the living room, but you can't really ignore the peace of mind it brings.

Good luck, mate.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a disc lock... but unfortunately I live in an apartment complex & the management is really unhelpful.
I've asked them more than once to move my space to part of the complex where I can lock my bike to something but every time one becomes available they give it away.
I was the first biker to move in & how there are 3 bikes (all with great spaces where they can chain up their motorcycles) and I'm still stuck with a crappy spot. :rant
Stay on em!!

Damn, dude. I cannot imagine my pride and joy not being there the next morning. Hope they are traced and you're back with her soon.

I keep thinking I may be idiotic for keeping her in the living room, but you can't really ignore the peace of mind it brings.

Good luck, mate.
Thanks man!! Might have to move into a bottom floor apartment LOL

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Sorry for your loss....

Any chance of there being video of the parking spot?

Do you have any sort of property insurance? This was not a moving violation; if you have renter's insurance you may have some sort of coverage from that direction.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for your loss....

Any chance of there being video of the parking spot?

Do you have any sort of property insurance? This was not a moving violation; if you have renter's insurance you may have some sort of coverage from that direction.
No cameras in the complex :(

Didn't think about renter's insurance. Will look into it!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
No cameras in the complex :(

Didn't think about renter's insurance. Will look into it!

Thanks!!
I hope it helps you out.

I have been fortunate enough not to have to pursue that option; parking a bike in a (semi) public place is at best a risky deal.... There's a whole lot of truth in the fact that if a thief wants your stuff bad enough, it's going to get taken. It's usually someone who you think of as a friend -- someone familiar with your habits. This is why I am not overly fond of people.

Mine gets tucked into the garage out of sight at the end of every ride, and my neighbors are all at leat 100 yards from my house. A thief would have to cross over at least one fence to get to the garage, and if they wanted to get out to the road from the house, that's 800 feet and two gates away.

My .30-30 has enough reach, that would be a bad idea. My neighbors know I am armed. I have a homeowner's policy, with an umbrella policy on top of that if things were to get sticky.

Early spring time, weather's finally getting nice and some miserable SOB decides to make a quick buck off of your time and effort. Extremely uncool.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Very sorry to hear and hope you are able to find it. Out of curiosity, how do you drop full coverage on a bike that isn't paid for? That is illegal in my state, I assumed it was everywhere.

Not trying to kick you while you are down, I'm just asking.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I may have missed this, but what security did you have on the bike. I ask because I will be moving soon and right now I live in a very small crime area, so just wondering what you had or used. Right now I'm able to park my bike on my porch at my apt. but my new apt is a 3rd level so that might be a little hard. And its not like I'm moving somewhere cheap, my buddy had his bike stolen because these a-holes scouted the nice areas and found his and stole it. Luckily for him it was recovered, he also only had liability so he had to dip into his savings.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very sorry to hear and hope you are able to find it. Out of curiosity, how do you drop full coverage on a bike that isn't paid for? That is illegal in my state, I assumed it was everywhere.

I know in my own experience in college I bought a new truck and after a while dropped it to the lowest price/coverage. I think it depends on whether the insurance reports it to the lien holder. I was lucky enough to not have them report it until I had less than 5 payments left. But yeah I wouldn't recommend it, or do it again way too much risk involved.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I combined my motorcycle loan with another loan I had at the bank to reduce the payment. So they released the title to me therefore not needing full coverage. I took full coverage off back in February because of the points on my license. The points come off at the end of the month so I was planning on putting the insurance back on.....

I may have missed this, but what security did you have on the bike. I ask because I will be moving soon and right now I live in a very small crime area, so just wondering what you had or used. Right now I'm able to park my bike on my porch at my apt. but my new apt is a 3rd level so that might be a little hard. And its not like I'm moving somewhere cheap, my buddy had his bike stolen because these a-holes scouted the nice areas and found his and stole it. Luckily for him it was recovered, he also only had liability so he had to dip into his savings.
Didn't have any. I had a front disc lock for my first bike but sold it with the bike. Big mistake on my part.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts