Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says gang.. What's the easiest and safest way to the mistress onto the back of the ute.. Never had to do it but open to suggestions.. Oh this is what she will be on the back off if it helps

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I am disappointed by this post. I was waiting to see a Holden Ute. Instead, there is a regular pickup?

Onto the question, a set of ramps will work. Make sure you get the arched warps so you don't scrape the bottom of your bike on the gate. Strap her down and you will be good to go. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube to help. Look at the fail videos to know what not to do. Thats how I learned to load my pickup.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
As short as that bed is mate, I would build a carrier to slot into the hitch receiver. I had an old K5 Blazer once & with nowhere to put the bike, constructed a receiver carrier for about $60 of material from the local iron yard.

If that interests you, I can give you details of the construction & tips. My first one was hidiously simple & effective. A few modifications & it was superb.

·
Registered
114 Posts
He Australian, we call all "pick ups" Utes, just short for utility vehicle.
Christ everything's got a wikipedia page nowadays. Ute (vehicle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Friend of mine just rides his up and its higher then yours ... I'm just waiting for it to go wrong though.

If you can back it up to an area that's higher, like a high curb on the street or a down hill drive way. That way the ramp is at a less extreme angle and will be easier to ride up. Strap the ramp in place to do it doesnt move. If you do decide to ride up don't hesitate. Once your commit just ride it up if you slow down you will just lose balance. Imagine you will have to move it so its sitting diagonally but it can be done easily enough.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be awsome ray..
I know you guys call them pick up's but thought I would be different and call them the ozzy way and say its a ute :)
The drive way slopes down and next door has 1/2 meter back I could back it up to... Thanks for the help gang

·
Registered
999 Posts
If you can back it up to an area that's higher, like a high curb on the street or a down hill drive way. That way the ramp is at a less extreme angle and will be easier to ride up. Strap the ramp in place to do it doesnt move. If you do decide to ride up don't hesitate. Once your commit just ride it up if you slow down you will just lose balance. Imagine you will have to move it so its sitting diagonally but it can be done easily enough.
I'll second this ^ Used it once and worked very well :)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Trailer: low load height, carry multiple bikes, tie-down points, jerry-can holders, additional load space.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just turn the truck on it's side lean the bike over slide it in the bed then flip the truck back right side up and strap it down.

Reactions: charlesg92
1 - 11 of 11 Posts