Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Top Gun thread reminded me of my 86 Gpz900R and although that great bike was not the first (nor the last of course)
I leave the image of the bike again and I to my young 21 years and another one from a few years before with 81 CB900F.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Do you have any pictures of that bike that you remember from those good old days?

·
Registered
9 Posts
^^ had trouble editing. 1977 on a DT100 Yamaha, tough skin jeans, I think pony sneakers and an auto and home store metal flake helmet. The long gone days of riding out of the yard. My wheelie skills have not improved! Second pic is 1986 on a CR250R, much safer riding gear. The good old days of racing at Southwick.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ had trouble editing. 1977 on a DT100 Yamaha, tough skin jeans, I think pony sneakers and an auto and home store metal flake helmet. The long gone days of riding out of the yard. My wheelie skills have not improved! Second pic is 1986 on a CR250R, much safer riding gear. The good old days of racing at Southwick.
Very good images, I also had my time of enduro..
Tire Wheel Jeans Sky Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Seriously though, I never had bikes in my youth as I was always told by my family that they were dangerous. Bikes came in my 30's. So anyway, here's what I started on (left) and graduated to (right). :cool:

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Reactions: Brader

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Wish I'd kept that ZX6R. The 250R eventually became someones race bike.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Wish I'd kept that ZX6R. The 250R eventually became someones race bike.
I put an image of a 250 that I also had, although it was Suzuki and much older.
I had replaced the OEM chrome front fender for one of 86 Gpz 600 painted the color of the bike, low handlebar and a open two-to-one exhaust... how I loved that bike and its special sound!!!!

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

I have another image of this bike doing wrong things so I think it is not convenient to publish it here ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts