Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 zx6r

battery took a shit…got a new one…meter shows 12.5 and strong. Dropped it in and now the bike won't turn over.

I swapped out kickstand a month ago. But i have ridden on, without issues twice, with the old battery, trickled.

video included…thoughts?

spark plugs?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Technical issues!

Basically juice is flowing but won't catch. Fuel pump primes, all electrical/cluster are on, but just won't turn over.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
For some reason my iphone video wont upload. Video is dark anyways. essentially dropped the new battery in, and have no issues with charge. all electrical seems to be working and when I hit the starter (after the pump primes, clusters lights and everything appears to be as normal,) starter will engage but bike wont fire.

I have already burned though the winter storage gas, and refilled accordingly. bad gas maybe? bad plugs, per a buddy?

I am stumped, as initially my battery wasn't holding a charge (previous thread.) But bike would fire and run once without incident, when jumped with a portable charger (x2.) old battery voltages low 11s, and even dropped to upper 10s, when pulled from bike. new is 12.5v+ all day.

I plan on swapping out the plugs this weekend, and will top the gas off.

any other thoughts? I know there are several threads on this, and I am going through them as I find them.

Ill be checking the idle screw, fuses as well.

Thanks doods!

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
12.5v is technically only a half charged battery.

You should be up near 12.8v-12.9v on an average fully charged battery and over 13.0v on a good fully charged battery

Although it doesn't sound like that is your issue, it can't hurt to actually make sure the battery is fully charged.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
12.5v is technically only a half charged battery.

You should be up near 12.8v-12.9v on an average fully charged battery and over 13.0v on a good fully charged battery

Although it doesn't sound like that is your issue, it can't hurt to actually make sure the battery is fully charged.
good call. I had the meter on the battery AFTER I was trying to get it going for about 15 min. have it trickled now and will test again when I get home. I anticipate the new battery to be good though.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
didn't get much help on the forum, which is disappointing. But checked all connections, cleaned up some wires, dropped the new battery in and good to go.

still plan on swapping out plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts