Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im new to bikes so i thaught i would ask a question, i bought a bike a week ago, its a 1998 kawasaki zx-6r w/ 25000 km's when the guy started it from who i bought it from it started fine, but now that i go to start it it wont turn over, its really cold outside i thaught that might have something to do with it... but im not sure, thanks :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
check yhe kill switch on rt side controls,make sure its in first gear,make sure choke is on,bike wont start in gear w/kickstand down

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the kill switch is not down, its in neutral, the kickstand is up, theres no alarm system, maybe the choke?? where is it located?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok do i also give it gas while iam starting and hold the break because when i let go of the clutch the bike will jump i think? so i hold onto the brake while letting go of clutch?

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
ok do i also give it gas while iam starting and hold the break because when i let go of the clutch the bike will jump i think? so i hold onto the brake while letting go of clutch?
our whole spiel has been sarcasm right? :laugh

i mean no offense if it wasn't...i just thought u were sassing me

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
is the battery flat?? cold can kill em

·
Registered
28 Posts
this is weird, i have just bought a 97, and i just cannot start it either, it trys, its as if theres no fuel coming through and then the battery really dies down. it will bump no prob, but to start off swtich aint gonna happen

????????

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ha I remember when I got my first bike, the dealer dropped off for me at my house, and when I went to start it, it wouldnt start. Took me about 20 minutes to realize the damn thing was in gear and thats why it wouldnt start hahaha ahhh good times good times

P.s. I hate winters in Michigan!!!!! CANT WAIt for the weather to break in oh 4 months grrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ha I remember when I got my first bike, the dealer dropped off for me at my house, and when I went to start it, it wouldnt start. Took me about 20 minutes to realize the damn thing was in gear and thats why it wouldnt start hahaha ahhh good times good times

P.s. I hate winters in Michigan!!!!! CANT WAIt for the weather to break in oh 4 months grrrrrrrrr
lol...but it aint in gear!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts