Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 ZX6R 636

Bike runs great until you shut it off. If the temperature is over 140-150 it will not restart. The temperature gauge bounces around though. Such as 175 to 189 to 176 in a matter of seconds. We have changed the coolant temperature sensor. Fan never comes on, but works with external power. Have checked fuses and relays. Have a 2nd 636 that we have swapped ECU with and same results. Have jumped all 3 connectors from the temp sensor to ground, ecu, and display, and seen no change. Also no trouble codes besides the exhaust valve that is removed. Quite stumped on what to try or check next.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a follow-up. I won't go into everything I went through and tried. Long story short I finally got everything fixed. The fan wasn't working because the relay pack under the tail was bad. The erratic coolant temp was because of slightly corroded ground to the frame just under the tank. The bike shutting off and not restarting once hot was because of the 4 coil packs that were replaced while doing the valves. Swapped back to the original ones and now finally running great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts