Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes... I have... but it seems like it will not run longer than a couple seconds. it will automatically shut up as soon as I start her up, :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just wondering, how can water get into any of the boxes? san diego is such a dry area, battery is new, and the fuel pump does kick on...

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Overheating is the problem with the ecu . Hot exhaust,hot sun,hot ass.......Not water

The Cdi , whether or not it's dry in SoCal , can still get water fuked,

-It's gotta rain sooner or later
-U wash ur bike :yes
-Maybe previous owner left it out in the rain
-Maybe u had a passenger that pissed herself
-Maybe some walked past it and lost control of their water bottle
-Maybe ur bike experiences constant drastic temp change and moisture has condensed in that fucker
-maybe u got to close with ur tears of joy:dowhat

I can go all day..:devious

Point is check into it then get back to us so we ca advise the next motherfucka accordingly:coocoo

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
As he pointed out your FI light is coming on just before it shuts down, download the service manual here and use it to read your FI codes which should tell you whats wrong with it.
Yeah good call I missed that...but codes come from the ecu, and if it's fucked then codes could be false posi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the update... Replaced the CDI just to get it over with... tore apart the fuel pump and checked the filter... CDI is good and fuel pump with its contents are good... Bike is still under the same symptoms as in the video... any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Does it stay running if you open the throttle?

It shuts off too quickly to be a idle issue. If the idle was too low it would hesitate before it shuts off. Try to replace the, maybe have someone let you borrow the ecu off their bike before you buy another one. Some 05's are known for ecu issues so if you need to buy another ecu try to find one from an 06.

·
Registered
4 Posts
try bypassing your tip sensor maybe....same thing happend to mine .....it should be easy to get to if u can take ur windsheild off.....u pop the cover off and romve the wheel and pin ..i also do have an 07 though...shouldnt be much of a difference but thats exactly what my bike did.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts