Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

It has been a while since I posted on here but I was riding back from a fairly long adventure trip on my 06 zx6r when about 80 miles from home and having already ridden about 280 miles the bike started surging and then finally cutout. I was able to get it restarted after stopping and turning the key off and then turning it over a few times. The FI light turned o every time it cut out/surged.

This happened quite a few times but I didn't want to be stranded out in the hot wilderness so I kept restarting and riding. I was never able to restart while riding, even after turning the key off and putting it in neutral.

There didn't seem to be any pattern as it happened in higher rpm's and lower rpm's (<5k), while accelerating, decelerating and holding speed. Sometimes I could get a quarter mile before it happened again, sometimes I could get 20 miles.

It finally stopped for the last 35 or so miles but the FI light is now constantly on. This has never happened with this bike, now with over 35k on the motor.

I am going to check the plugs, try and clean the fuel injectors and clean the air filter but wasn't sure if it could be a fuel pump or regulator issue.
Let me know if you have any ideas or any more questions to clarify the circumstances.

Thanks!

Stock ECU, jumper mod, two bros exhaust, no fuel management.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI here is a pic of the bike in adventure mode:

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
Pull the codes and see what it is telling you is wrong...

Reactions: AlexZX6R

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mine was doing similar....changed the plugs and fuel pump with no resolve and then took it to the mechanic who swapped the entire throttle body and she runs like a champ now.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I will just go ahead and pull the codes which I have never done on this bike before but it should be easy enough to figure out.

I have already replaced the throttle body assembly on the bike once when I had a different issue about 10k miles ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts