Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to super bikes, I bought an zx6r with 20k kms it was kept very good. I have using riding it from last 600 Kms and today When I came back from a ride I stopped my bike and then when I put it in 1st gear it turned off. I then started it again and same thing happened evey time, then I let the engine cool down for almost 2 hours but the issue still remains please help!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I am new to super bikes, I bought an zx6r with 20k kms it was kept very good. I have using riding it from last 600 Kms and today When I came back from a ride I stopped my bike and then when I put it in 1st gear it turned off. I then started it again and same thing happened evey time, then I let the engine cool down for almost 2 hours but the issue still remains please help!
Yep what RJ said sounds like the kickstand is down when you’re doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
Put the bike in neutral. Make sure your green neutral light is on! Raise your kickstand. Press in the clutch lever and put the bike in first gear. If it shuts off, your kickstand switch is the issue.

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
It is worthwhile to make sure the switch freely moves as well. Lubricate it so that it extends easily when the side stand is deployed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts