Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help, i bought a ute not long ago so i can cart my bike around if i have to, i had a couple of goes getting it on and off, my first attempt i just rode it up a plank of wood but that nearly ended in tears, half way up, the plank decided it was going to slide off so there were arms and legs going everywhere trying to stay on.. so now ive had to find someone else to help me, question is can it be done with just one person on and off if so how do people do it??? wat do you use??

·
Registered
37 Posts
how high up is the ute?? could you attach summit to the under side of the plank to stop it sliding away u can buy ramps designed for that use but it all depends on the hight

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I asked kind of the same question a while ago here. There might be some info in those replies to help you out even though my question was about tie downs not getting it up there.

I'm going to use men. 4 preferably. Or head off to the show grounds and use the cattle ramp loading ramp (The wide one they use to load horses into trucks). It's much easier to lift a bike down instead of up IMO. Or I'm going to use the hydraulic lift on the back of our truck. But you probably don't have that option, lol. It's probably best in your case to invest in a real metal ramp. Then just use a plant of wood to walk yourself up next to the bike. Using two planks of wood could have terrible consequences for your bike. But hilarious for us when we see the pics. I personally wouldn't have the balls to ride the bike up by myself. Should always have a spotter with you for help/moral support if it goes arse over tit.

You can also get a motorcycle cycle tie down kit for the falcon utes from Ford. We were gonna order if but couldn't be arsed. It comes with a custom built metal ramp though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really... i didnt know that ill have to look into it, it would make things a hell of a lot easier if i had a metal ramp that was actually designed for the ute. I have no problems getting it on im more wondering whether people have a method of doing it bythemselves..

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I put my bike on my trailer I "jack knife" it into the gutter. That extra 15cm helps so I can push it on solo. You could do the same with your ute just back it up to the gutter at 45 degrees or straight across if your street is wide enough. I just use one wooden plank.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Is the ute a flat tray or tub? have you got like embankment to put a ramp or wood across to make a bridge style?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts