Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone I need some help. I have a 06 636 and never had this problem before till after I got the bike back from the shop. Took it in for an oil change new plugs and a coolant flush. Got It back and now when I hit the rev limit the bike kills itself never had this problem before till now. Was racing a friend and took it past the shift point and then it died I've done that plenty of times never had that problem thought it might have just been a one time thing but tested it and took it past shift point and it did it again then pulled the clutch it bounced off the limiter and died. I have a power cammander, upgraded cams, two brother full exhaust with scorpion slip ons. Anybody know why the bike is killing itself when it hits the rev limit now.

·
Registered
14,218 Posts
And just because it needs to be said....... the freaking rev limiter is trying to protect you from blowing up the motor. It is not something you want to rely on -- it's a warning not a safety belt. Ignore that at your peril.

If you've dumped the money into it to put in hotter cams, etc., etc....... do you really want to replace the whole motor?

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
Disconnect the power commander and try it again. If it still keeps doing it, I would think its related to fuel.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
If it didn't do it immediately before the mechanic had it and it does immediately after, then you bring the bike back and tell them they screwed something up...it's that simple

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
And just because it needs to be said....... the freaking rev limiter is trying to protect you from blowing up the motor. It is not something you want to rely on -- it's a warning not a safety belt. Ignore that at your peril.

If you've dumped the money into it to put in hotter cams, etc., etc....... do you really want to replace the whole motor?
I'll also add that your power curve drops off before you ever reach the rev limit. (That may be different with your cams though)

"Racing" :laugh

I'm guessing you weren't on a track. :O Drag strip? Or street light to streetlight?

Those that "race" will tell you not to waste money on making it go straight. Spend money making it stop and handle better. (Unless you're drag racing it... then power down bud).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts