Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the bike world and just got my first bike: 04 zx-6r 636 silver. I have been riding for about 2 months now and just today, because of construction going on in my street I fell down with the bike onto the right side while trying to come onto the street (there's dirt from the construction).

I rode the bike to work and everything seems okay so far (except for the headlight fairings and right side fairings is cracked up pretty bad)

What should I start looking for as far as problems that "might" arise due to the fall ??

Any help would be appreciated .... thanks in advance.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'd pull the plastics off and see what all happened that you can't see. Look for cracked or broken fairing brackets as well as cracks in the headlight housing. Plastics are everywhere for your bike, ebay is probably the easiest way to get them, if you don't use ebay you can always order from www.bikebandit.com or www.ronayers.com Hope this helped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

Thanks for the info. I was looking on ebay for some flush mounts and frame sliders but don't know what's good for my bike. Do you guys have any ideas? My leg is pretty beat up ... luckily no serious injury though :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Glad to hear your ok but at least you got your first crash out of the way! I bought a slider kit that came with bar ends, frame sliders and swingarm spools for around $100. You have to cut one of the fairings on the 06, not sure about your bike though. As far as brands, I don't think it will matter much what you get, just try to get something that sells replacement parts like the plastic slider part itself, if you crash it will hit the ground!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again. I'm going to just get something that looks "bulky" and ready to take the fall for my 2nd crash ...hahahah j/k

Thanks a lot guys.. this forum is helpful! :)

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
bad luck with the crash mate.. +1 on take plastics off and look around it.. take it easy out there

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thats no good mate. Like others have said I'd be taking off the fairings and checking for any leaks. Otherwise it should be okay, but better safe than sorry. Hope you get her all fixed back up. Bloody sand on the road!!!

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
put a pic up and how fast were you going?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mate that sucks.Put a few pics up of the damage to ya right side fairing.The one I took off mine has got a decent crack right down da bottom,some decent scratches n one heavy road grind at the bottom mounting point but all thats repairable at a good plastic welder.Once we do a comparison if u want it, its yours cheap as u like I don't need it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for everyone concern. This forum is great!
I ordered some frame sliders, tint windscreen, and new mirrors from ebay. The crash dented my right side handlebar slightly, cracked the inside holding of the right mirror and cracked down the the front fairing along side the high beam headlights. I have no idea who to go to to get this fixed... I live in Long Beach, CA and there's not that many good shops around..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts