Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was just riding my bike and it suddenly stopped working. It does turn over on the button but have a clicking noise from the starter solenoid. I have ordered a new one and charging the battery now. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
378 Posts
If the Starter solenoid is clicking then the Motor is not turning over.
With such a lack of info I would see what occurs when the Battery is charged, As for ordering a new one, You may have wasted your money as it's likely ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine turns over but won't start. The bike has fuel in it and it just died on me. Not sure if its the fuel pump or the starter relay as it just clicks. I put a swrew driver between the terminals and the engine turns over but won't start

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Hi I was just riding my bike and it suddenly stopped working. It does turn over on the button but have a clicking noise from the starter solenoid. I have ordered a new one and charging the battery now. Any help would be appreciated
Year, model, miles, pictures, state of tune….. all helpful things with diagnosis……….

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
The engine turns over but won't start. The bike has fuel in it and it just died on me. Not sure if its the fuel pump or the starter relay as it just clicks. I put a swrew driver between the terminals and the engine turns over but won't start
Does the fuel pump cycle and build pressure when you cycle the key?

What is the state of charge of your battery? a clicking noise form the starter solenoid is usually a dead or low battery without enough power to crank over the engine--it is very rare the starter solenoid goes bad on motorcycles

Reactions: KevA

·
Registered
2012 Ninja ZX6R (Rin), 2022 KLR 650, 2021 Panigale V4S, 2021 SSR 140 :D
1,872 Posts
Can you post a video of you trying to start it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts