Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few shots by ABI-photo from the other weekend at Putnam. I felt more at home on the track for my second track day. This year I had more then only 500 miles of riding experience, some new PP3's, and warmer temps. It wasn't until my fifth session that I picked up my pace and started rolling with some track junkies. I held them off in the turns, but they opened up the liters and pasted me everytime on the straight.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I had to re-edit them all photobucket changed since the last time I uploaded a picture......they should show now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
In the second photo looks like you are passing me (56) coming out of Dead Bear (turn 8). What kinds of lap times were you running? I got down to 1:47.3, which I know is really slow overall but the best I have been able to run.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what my times was. I never figured out the transponder. I still havnt got my pictures back. I believe you could of went faster Reed. You needed somebody to pull you around there so you know a good speed to enter with. Main thing is going home with a bike in 1 piece and have fun. It was good to run with you #191.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like all the picture that lead up to TDH. Everybody is all hunched over, and TDH is flying along with one hand on the tank like it's nothing.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
make some babies!!!

That's total confidence in those tires ^^^up there^^^.

Hey, Murcielago31, do you run tire warmers, or any special track tires?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I really liked all the shots from ABI at Putnam. Not as much knee-dragging as I get at Gateway, but better scenery. I bought 2 shots.

The bike looks awesome, I really like the wheels!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks Kali, just had them powdered a week before.

I was running a new set of Q3's, so no warmers. First time on them and really liked them a lot. I haven't decided if I'll use them again at Gateway or switch back to the Pirelli Superbike Pros I have. They're slicks but I run them sans warmers as well. I don't have a genny or warmers and probably won't until I start thinking racing. What tires are you on?

Trackday, your son's lower fairing is so close to the ground! Looks awesome. Some day I'll be as good as the kids 10 years younger than me I sure....:sigh:

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
You don't need a generator if you get get there early and get a spot in the garage (garage spots are free at Gateway). Oh when I say early I mean Friday night. :) Feel free to come by Friday and help us set up! I usually get there around noon or 1 on Friday. We usually need help setting up air fence, putting out cones, and putting out straw bales. The straw bales are where we need the most people and we usually start that part around 5 and it only takes about an hour or so. Earlier the better cause then you can help me go get the airfence from the warehouse and help set it up. Then you can stay outta the straw. :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was on Pilot Power 3's no warmers. I should of put my buddies warmers on my tires during his session. 20 mins of warmth is better then nothing. My only problem during this TD was me running out of wrist on the straight which got me looking at 1/4 throttle kits. Or choke up on the throttle more. I still cant get over on how epic it was.

Toys for the next epic TD:
1. extra set of wheels with track tires and geared sprocket
2. timing transmitter/transponder
3. 1/4 turn throttle
4. Road America

1 - 20 of 27 Posts