Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was wondering if BPFs from a later model or any bike for that matter are a direct fit for my J1?
Also< I have seen adverts on Ebay for rear shock refurbishing for about £100. Has anyone used this service and if so, is it worthwhile, if not what's the best budget solution and could a shock fom a later model fit straight in?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You can use almost any shock by Kawasaki, I used a 09 zx10r shock on my 95. BPF are not a direct swap on a J you will probably need the whole front end if you want the least amount of modifications to do or you can buy the forks, triple and calipers and make custom wheel spacers to use your old wheel

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
You will need the triples at least for the conversation. Might as well convert over to the newer brakes too if you're upgrading the front end. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually this a whole new front end would also solve the problem of spongy brakes (see my last thread).Time to check Ebay...
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i fitted a c1h shock to the rear of my j2,all fits ok but it lowered it a touch,i just invested in some dogbones

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Anything is possible! My ye olde ZZR600E from 1995 is sporting a pair of 52mm USD forks with black nitrite stanchions! They're from a ZX10R D6F. I had to have a bushing made though as my stem was smaller than the hole in the 10R bottom yoke.

You'll obviously want 636 parts - I used 10R parts as my bike is older design and heavier than a modern 600.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
like steve said anything is possible to fit ,i got zx7 usd,s on my j2 had to get some bits machined ect but all fitted in the end

1 - 7 of 7 Posts