Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many winding roads great for a motorcycle.

Deal's Gap is near us, so we are fortunate to ride this awesome highway.

What's yours favorite winding or curvy road ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I like Cherohala versus the Dragon. I prefer the sweeping turns and it has new pavement.

There are some good roads in North Georgia I will not mention on a public forum, but they are awesome.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I like Cherohala versus the Dragon. I prefer the sweeping turns and it has new pavement.

There are some good roads in North Georgia I will not mention on a public forum, but they are awesome.
Yes, the Cherohala Skyway is amazing!!! We rode it several times during our Tail of the Dragon trip last year.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Went to the dragon earlier this year and rode many of the good roads in the area. It was fun but I like Arkansas 123 the best. 341 is pretty good too but it was in pretty bad shape last time I rode it. I would also put highway K between Ellington and Annapolis Missouri right up there. Lots of good roads in Southern MO and Northern AR. A little video from highway K last month:

https://youtu.be/RhMoAdHt_Yk?t=12m46s

·
Supporting Vendor
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks everyone who has posted up so far & shared their favorite roads to ride :bigthumb:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Highway 36 - Red Bluff CA to Fortuna - most famous sign in motorcycling (at least in my opinion)

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Pa 125 and gold mine rd. 2 stiry hairpin drop

·
Super Moderator
13,323 Posts
276 from brevard to waynesville is a hell of a nice ride.

74 alt around lake lure is really pretty, but not good for spirited riding.

64 to 215 to 276 back to 64 is a really great loop not far from here.

I haven't take a bike on it, but I've driven pikes peak. Which is a goal for me on a bike.

Ey3

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Highway 36 - Red Bluff CA to Fortuna - most famous sign in motorcycling (at least in my opinion)
I will ride that road in the near future. I've wanted to for years. My dad rode 36 and looped back to Redding on 299. Both great roads.

For me... Since I've not hit the Dragon, 36, or many others... you really can't go wrong with Highway 1 / PCH from Santa Barbara up to Monterey.

And of course... in my backyard is one of the best damn roads in California... Highway 33 out of Ojai. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
+1 for HWY 33 and Angeles Crest Hwy

·
Registered
34 Posts
The best road I have been on is in Northern Arkansas……341 (Push Mountain Rd). I'll be riding the Tail of the Dragon next May, so I will see how they compare.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts