Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know...the 07-08 is a piece if garbage...bla bla bla. Let's keep those comments out of this thread and just focus on the work done here and the resulting look achieved.

A buddy of mine has an 08 that we have done quite a bit of work on and I love what we did with his tail section. Removed the black plastic under tail stuff, installed a very low profile led rear light, small signals on either side of the tail, a Scorpion slip on, and we cut the side panel along a natural line so it lines it up.

I love the way it looks! What do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I did the same thing with that rear brake reservoir panel, not sure why all of that extra material goes into the tail section.. Maybe that's why it's so heavy from the factory?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would rather see exhaust than plastic. I did paint my plastic pieces gloss black, but I don't use them at all now that I made the aluminum panel

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree too he should shorten that can. I was thinking about doing it to the akra too, but I just haven't committed to it yet :)

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I like what you and your buddy did too! Looks good. The 07 08s have real potential in my opinion , they just need to be tweaked.
Thanks man, and we are on the same page. I personally love the tail section when its done this way and am also a fan of the headlights despite what others may say about them looking feminine :p

I agree too he should shorten that can.
I think either a new slip on or perhaps some custom work on this one is next in line. If the tip of the muffler was a little closer to the end of the tail I think it would look a lot better.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I'm personally not a fan of single muffler undertail exhausts. It just looks weird.

I also don't like how far the muffler sticks past the tail. It should never go past.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm personally not a fan of single muffler undertail exhausts. It just looks weird.

I also don't like how far the muffler sticks past the tail. It should never go past.
I love the single undertail, but its all subjective.

As I stated above, I agree, his muffler is a bit long and the look of the bike would def improve if it were shortened to the point of matching the end of the tail.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I think the 07-08 looks good I'm just not a fan of undertail exhaust. But you've got it going on with that more stripped down look. The bulk on the tail is what I don't normally like so big improvement.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
i really liked the cleaner look with the tag tucked in under the seat, but cops hassled me alot, several warning, and eventually two tickets. so i said fuck that and ....

put this monstrosity on.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I took the black plastic peices off but thought it looked weird. I got a Yosh slip on and it looked like I put an exhaust from another bike on it because it stuck out so far so I put the plastics back on.. Might have to look at cutting for the pipe to get it to fit more snug.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts