Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you guys reccomend? I want no cut. Shogun kit?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Agreed, the no-cut sliders are not worth it. they have a tendency to bend and be less effective than sliders that require cutting of the fairing. If the 07 is anything like the 05/06, you will only need to cut a small amount on one fairing and is not too difficult to do if you are patient.

Shogun sliders are good, I have them on my bike and they have help up well in a 40mph low-side I had at the track. I did replace the one slider that was damaged after that but it was purely for cosmetic reasons, the slider was still serviceable.

·
Registered
299 Posts
you do not need to cut the fairings for an '07. The motor mount bolt on the right is right there in the vent hole in the fair. The left side frame slider uses an aluminum offset to mount the slider.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you do not need to cut the fairings for an '07. The motor mount bolt on the right is right there in the vent hole in the fair. The left side frame slider uses an aluminum offset to mount the slider.
That's the shogun style.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i have woodcraft ones for the 07

still havent put the right slider on cause i dont wanna cut my fairing

the left one is on though... it appears that it doesnt stick out very far from the fairing. like the fairing is still going to make contact it looks like

will post pics soon

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
i have woodcraft ones for the 07

still havent put the right slider on cause i dont wanna cut my fairing

the left one is on though... it appears that it doesnt stick out very far from the fairing. like the fairing is still going to make contact it looks like

will post pics soon
Thats y I like the shoguns there is no cutting involved. and even tho i havent dropped the bike to test out their durability :dowhat they seem pretty well made

·
Registered
553 Posts
The point of frame sliders isn't to really protect the fairing.....their called frame sliders for a reason, to protect the frame. If your that worried about body work then get a crash cage. The no cut sliders will bend but most times they will still protect the frame, it's all in what you want to spend your money on really.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't want a big heavy ackward cage though. Sliders do a decent job protecting the fairing also, better than none. I am debating race rails also but them seem bulky. I will probally get the shoguns.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Woodcraft are the way to go if you want true protection.

I have seen bikes slide across the track and the woodcraft sliders held up.

On the other hand I have seen vortex and shogun bend and fail when sliding across the track. Try removing the bolt after a crash after it bends. It is not fun.

I am running shogun as I got them free. I will be taking them off and going to woodcraft.

As stated above no cut suck.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The frame sliders will take speed off a slide bringing the bike to a stop and hopefully doing less damage. R&G are the way to go.Best on the market.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts