Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think the best integrated taillight setup is for the 09-12 zx6r? I've heard a lot of good reviews about the Custom LED does anyone on here run this light and also is the flasher relay really recommend for our bikes? If anyone else is running a different light throw up some pictures so I can get an idea what to get.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got the hotbodies undertail it gets rid of the fender, and the turnsignals, they are molded into the undertail, and retains the stock tail light so it is still street legal in all states.

Kawasaki, 2009-12 ZX6R, Undertails, Hotbodies Racing

It was kinda a pain in the ass to install but im very glad I did it.

Reactions: PrestonK

·
Registered
54 Posts
CustomLED was a breeze to install and nothing extra was needed. Lots of compliments and it looks and works great. I've had mine for over a year now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What do you think the best integrated taillight setup is for the 09-12 zx6r? I've heard a lot of good reviews about the Custom LED does anyone on here run this light and also is the flasher relay really recommend for our bikes? If anyone else is running a different light throw up some pictures so I can get an idea what to get.
When I said nothing extra I meant the flasher relay by the way. Nice and bright.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I was just thinking of ordering a hotbodies fender eliminator and competition werks integrated taillight. Is that all I need to get rid of the fender?

Sorry to jack this thread a little but I guess it's all related...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put one of the cheap Chinese ones on mine. It been on about 5000 miles. No problems so far. When I wrecked the bike the lens busted( oem would have also). I swapped the internals over to the oem light assembly. Still working. Mine came from someone like fire dragon bros on ebay.
Some will blink faster without the relay but I personally think that it gets someone's attention better that way.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I got the hotbodies undertail it gets rid of the fender, and the turnsignals, they are molded into the undertail, and retains the stock tail light so it is still street legal in all states.

Kawasaki, 2009-12 ZX6R, Undertails, Hotbodies Racing

It was kinda a pain in the ass to install but im very glad I did it.
+1 for this - I did the same and it's a huge pain to install but once it's on it's great

CustomLED, hands down..
I love the look of the integrated taillights but they're not street legal so you run that risk - I go to LA with an integrated taillight I won't make it out without a ticket - no doubt in my mind

·
Registered
864 Posts
Custom led for sure. Love mine. Very bright and gets people attention very quickly.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I was just thinking of ordering a hotbodies fender eliminator and competition werks integrated taillight. Is that all I need to get rid of the fender?

Sorry to jack this thread a little but I guess it's all related...
Technically you only need the fender eliminator bracket and could re-use the existing signals and keep your current light. I'm actually just adding my own LED signals to my own license plate frame and eliminating my signals that way.

Once I get it completed I'll post a step by step.

But to answer your question yes, those 2 things should be sufficient for you.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had the hotbodies fender eliminator on mine when i bought it but when i crashed i went back to the stock setup with the custom LED integrated light and like it more. the light is brighter and flashed when you hit the brake so it get more attention. i also used some L brackets and mounted it right up to the original fender. i would recommend the custom LED light plus look at the price of the hotbodies fender eliminator.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What the heck.. I just bought my custom led and planning to move to Cali by the end of the year hopefully. Integrated taillights are illegal?

I love the look of the integrated taillights but they're not street legal so you run that risk - I go to LA with an integrated taillight I won't make it out without a ticket - no doubt in my mind[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What the heck.. I just bought my custom led and planning to move to Cali by the end of the year hopefully. Integrated taillights are illegal?

I love the look of the integrated taillights but they're not street legal so you run that risk - I go to LA with an integrated taillight I won't make it out without a ticket - no doubt in my mind
[/QUOTE]

Sell me yours ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts