Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. Im looking to place an order for some frame sliders and a rear stand for my new 2013 636...i'm brand new to riding any advice on some good brands would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
R & G racing. Tested and true. They survived sliding off of the track and did not flip the bike, but they "bent" properly that there was no damage to the frame. Very good quality stuff but probably on the higher side of the pricing compared to cheap eBay crap.

Not sure if GB Racing makes sliders for the bike yet (they do make engine sliders) but that would be my second choice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the Yoshimura sliders...they look great but couldnt tell you how well they work cause i havent dropped my bike lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hello i have a shogun good quality not too expensive and for kick stand i am using viper good quality and reasonable price for me.

·
Registered
985 Posts
If money wasn't an issue, I'd go with Puig Pro since they will protect against drops (as most frame sliders will) but more importantly, unlike 99% of the frame sliders out there, these are designed not to "flip" your bike in the case of a accident. The shape helps your bike slide while protecting your fairing and FRAME. Other frame sliders are long and cylindrical in shape. Look at the shape of the Puig Pros and then compare then to OES/Shogun/R&G/Woodcraft and you will see what I mean

http://images.solomotoparts.com/images.opt/214-214/images/T/ninja1000.jpg

Reactions: MikeAy

·
Registered
32 Posts
If money wasn't an issue, I'd go with Puig Pro since they will protect against drops (as most frame sliders will) but more importantly, unlike 99% of the frame sliders out there, these are designed not to "flip" your bike in the case of a accident. The shape helps your bike slide while protecting your fairing and FRAME. Other frame sliders are long and cylindrical in shape. Look at the shape of the Puig Pros and then compare then to OES/Shogun/R&G/Woodcraft and you will see what I mean

http://images.solomotoparts.com/images.opt/214-214/images/T/ninja1000.jpg

What brand is the one in the bottom?

·
Registered
985 Posts
What brand is the one in the bottom?
Shogun no-cut. It's what I have on my bike right now although I plan to switch to Puig Pro or maybe T-Rex whenever I can.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,415 Posts
Whats up guys. Im looking to place an order for some frame sliders and a rear stand for my new 2013 636...i'm brand new to riding any advice on some good brands would be appreciated
It's less about brand and more about construction. Sliders used to be cool looking aluminum. Now they make mostly plastic. Whatever you get, make sure the ENDS are plastic. Metal can "catch" or "snag" on asphalt, resulting in unpredictable results. Plastic is soft enough to where it will shear and slide better on pavement. Plan on paying at least $100 for good ones.

There will be cut, no cut. All good ones will bolt to frame and require torque to break loose and torque wrench to tighten. You're not getting it done
with l-shaped or reg t-shaped Allen wrenches.

Personally I have older style Puigs.

LSL pioneered the puck-style slider.

Reactions: MikeAy

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,415 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered the full shogun kit with frame sliders, bar ends and spools.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a set of brand new Woodcraft sliders never installed if you are interested.

By the way Woodcraft is owned by 2 brothers 1 retired from racing the other still racing so these guys know their stuff when it comes to crash protection. Really awesome guys too met and talked with them several times when I lived back home in Massachusetts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts