Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, can anyone suggest the best type of chain lube there using, too many to choose from -
:confused

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I stumbled onto this stuff years ago and haven't tried anything else since. I was sick of throwing full cans of "no fling" crap that always flung.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I use the Honda Chain lube.. I have used it for years.. works great does not fling.. I apply it after I wash the bike and clean the chain, dont even warm the chain up, and it does not fling.. I used "chain wax" Years ago.. that stuff SUCKS.. flings everywhere even if you warm the chain and then apply it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Castrol Chain Wax. Lasts well, covers well and almost no fling at all.
Best stuff I've used yet.

A

·
Registered
67 Posts
Castrol Chain Wax. Lasts well, covers well and almost no fling at all.
Best stuff I've used yet.

A
+1 Only I don't think mines Castrol...but it's all the same...chain wax rules in the extreme heat or when it rains...It protects that there chain much better than the old fashioned lube...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think I'm gonna go with chain wax vs. chain lube as well.. But in order to prevent the wax from flinging off, should it be applied when the chain is warm or cold?? Or does it even matter?? :O

·
Registered
503 Posts
I use the same method as HRC - Light GEAR oil on chain, let it soak in for about 1/2 hour then seal it with a little Castrol Chain Wax.
You should feel and hear how SMOOOOOTH she runs with that!

·
Registered
133 Posts
i use wurth chain lube only cos' i order it from a rep the comes around at work and my boss never looks at the bill so i dont pay for it which is good cos' it does'nt last long.
i spray the chain once a week(100miles) and take the chain off clean it soak it and lube it once a month(400miles).

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think I'm gonna go with chain wax vs. chain lube as well.. But in order to prevent the wax from flinging off, should it be applied when the chain is warm or cold?? Or does it even matter?? :O

The directions recommend to apply it with the chain warmed.. it does not really matter.. cause that stuff flings anyways...

I use the chain lube, and usually lube and clean my chain about every 300 or so miles.. Chain and sprockets will last me well to 20,000 miles without any kinks in the chain or torn up sprockets..:O

I could take some close up pics of my chain and sprockets with 11,000 miles on them if some one would like to see them...

·
Registered
503 Posts
I do around 2-300 miles a week on my bike so clean it off with parrafin or de-greaser and re-lube with gear oil and chain wax vitrually every weekend.:)
On my 7th road bike in 13 years and NEVER had to replace a chain yet! Must be doing something right.:devious

·
Registered
311 Posts
think youre better off using the wax on a warm chain.. i found i get less spray.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have some Motul; haven't used it yet. Trying to get rid of all the flingoff stuff. Maybe i'll just use that junk on the bicycles instead and start using the Motul lube.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Porsche pics

Oh, that's not mine. I was doing a trackday and there were a couple of cars there. I just had the pic taken next to it. Looks good though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts