Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I know there are many ways to color up your track Fairings. From cheap to full inpainted jobs.

What about having it professionally done with or rent or buy your own full blown kit with quality brands like Line-X or Rhino Lining or Raptor 2k?

You can get other colors than just black and you can also go with whatever style you want; the classic bed liner finish, the smoother, but still with some bed-liner look to it in an underbody/wheel well barrier... Or can be laid down super smooth.

So I cwn get my paint scheme with the matte ebony black and Kawisaki Lime Green, but would probably look into doing the Candy Lime Green from the 2021'ish ZX-14's or 2 2013 or 2014 Burnt Orange ZX-14R's. Actually, some colors offered in Canada & Europe. But anyway.

So the stuff is super strong. Scrape it up, no biggie, spray bqck over it with an aerosol touch-up can. There are more obvious PROS to doing this, like how 2, 3 maybe 4 layers (depending how thick your layers are) would be crazy strong. Could jump up & down on it.

Are there any CONS to doing this? You obviously lose the flexibility that everyone is after, especially if you're running track Fairings from Armour Bodies or.. That other company I just forgot.

Also thinking about doing some fiberglass modifications to a set of sides & my nose (intake.) I want to add Winglets to the sides. For the nose, since there are no headlights, just widen out the intake opening with the widest at the very front of the bike, gradually funneling smaller & smaller to fit the neck intake where the OEM black piece that actually houses the intake, meets up at. Figured that would get alot more air forced in. Just a few inches on each side, so it's not detrimental to the aerodynamics.

Anyway.. Has anyone dobe this? If imagine anything over 2 coats would start to get heavy. How many coats is the ideal amount? Good or bad decision?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had this on a supermoto I had a while back. I actually really liked it- when taking spills in the dirt I never had any damage. It does add some weight.. but probably not a ton.

That being said I don't think I'd pay for it to be done on my track bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts