Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I bought a bazzaz with the auto mapper for my 2011 zx6r. I was going to do it today but I cant find the 02 sensor. I got a TBR S1R slip on for it last year and that eliminated the cat. So I guess I'm asking where is the sensor? Hope I'm just being blind and over looking it, but just in case I do have to weld it, where is a good placement? I was thinking I could put it at the stainless steel pipe right before the can (included with exhaust)? If not, is the pipe by the collector titanium? I was thinking with all the emission standards these days it would almost have to have the sensor. I don't remember taking it out when I installed the slip on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You will have to have someone weld the 02 bung in and you should have got the actual sensor with your Bazzaz.

The OEM headers should have a small flat spot just after the collector that's perfect for the 02 bung to be welded in.

You do have to have the sensor, not just for emissions but even to tune your bike with the autotune you need the 02 sensor. No you would not have taken it out when you did the slip on because there isn't one from the factory, it's a Bazzaz piece.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Confirmed; the O2 sensor comes with the auto mapper and the above photo is pretty much spot on as far as when you want it. You want it where the cat is, or would be if you have a full exhaust system like me, and at about a 5 degree angle from center line. Best bet is to take it to a shop and let them weld it the bung.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts