Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had my 04 636 knocked off over the weekend... :banghead

I'm majorly pissed about it, but luckily i hadn't fitted my Yoshi TRS or the seat cowl to it yet.

It was insured so i guess i'll have to start hunting another one down.

Anyway - here's a picture for nothing else but nostalgic purposes. :unhappy:

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, in the past month I've had 2 dreams where my house gets broken into while im here and eveything gets stolen including my bike. Then after the first one i guess i was paranoid and saw some people casing out the house. Bike's still here but im still paranoid!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Dammit! How? Where? Sorry to the hear that, good thing she was insured though.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yet another update...

Looks like they found the bike in a very dodgy part of Sydney (St Marys)... I have to drive out there in the next few days and identify it, before it gets shipped to the insurance company.

All identifiable numbers were removed except for the engine number :coocoo

I think this means it can not be re-registered cause the complience plates have been removed to

Can anyone say "TRACK BIKE" :devious

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
At least they found it. Hope you can get it back from the insurance company cheap. Would make an excellent track bike if they haven't screwed anything up on it. Did you find out what kinda condition it's in?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Dude, you should try to buy it back and turn it into a track bike. I'm almost sure the insurance company will sell it for a descent price. It would at least be worth looking into.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey man, you think you got it bad. Heres a sob story for ya. In the UK I had a 95 fireblade which I spent a fortune on and I had it perfect and on the road for about 4 months when some retard who obviously found their driving lisence in a cereal box pulled out in front of me and I T-boned their car and wrote it off. 6 weeks off work with a screwed back, Her insurance paid for a new bike and a couple of grand personnal injury, which I tucked away in the bank. I found myself a new bike,a 98 ZX9R awesome piece of kit which I immediately stuck a yoshi on and colour coded undertray and hugger. 8 months of pure bliss passed in a flash of pretty colours, then I got up one morning and looked out the window to see an empty space on my drive where there should have been a bike. Then about a week later the police phone me at 3 in the morning to tell me they have found my baby. Two guys were on it scudding aroud Brixton in london near where I lived. The police had given chase and the thieves had turned down a dead end street by mistake. They had got off the bike and done a runner down an alley. The officer told me that theycouldnt wait all nite but would wait for as long as they could if I wanted to come out and pick it up. I threw on some clothes and grabbed my gear feeling sick to my stomach at seeing the state of my violated baby. I jumped in a cab and we raced to the address I had been given. When I got there no police and no bike. The police had been called away on an emergency and the theives had come back and stolen my bike again. Still it all worked out for the best, I lost my job because of having time off with the bad back and then because I couldnt get there as I had no transport. My wife got made redundant shortly after and we had a shitload of money in the bank and nothing left to stick around for so we emigrated to Aus and now I have a new baby........

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mate, there's easier ways of moving to Australia... :coocoo

Seriously... it's farked whenever you lose a bike (crashed or stolen). It's been almost 4 weeks since i was told they'd found it and i've spoken to 3 different people at the insurance company about buying it back... Still nothing has happened.

I still don't know what sort of condition it's in. I will update as is progresses.

·
Registered
145 Posts
sorry to hear about your bike mate.
I hate theiving scum slags and they should all be dragged accross the ground and stamped on.
Glad to hear you got a new one .Looks sweet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts