Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled accross this gem in the youtube ocean. After playing Forza 6, Yas Marina is definitely on my bucket list, or even doing a trackday at night.

Reactions: DFx

·
Director of Moderation
9,938 Posts
I've played Yas Marina in Assetto Corsa. Cool track but I feel it's a lot more of a car track than a bike track. A lot of point-and-shoot and tight turns. Though the facility is world-class, I doubt it's as fun as many other tracks, even smaller no-name tracks around the US. My top 5 dream list for tracks would be:

- Mugello
- Phillip Island
- Brno
- Imola
- Catalunya

And really close would also be Jerez, Donnington Park, Portimao, Laguna Seca, and Spa, in no particular order.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've played Yas Marina in Assetto Corsa. Cool track but I feel it's a lot more of a car track than a bike track. A lot of point-and-shoot and tight turns. Though the facility is world-class, I doubt it's as fun as many other tracks, even smaller no-name tracks around the US. My top 5 dream list for tracks would be:

- Mugello
- Phillip Island
- Brno
- Imola
- Catalunya

And really close would also be Jerez, Donnington Park, Portimao, Laguna Seca, and Spa, in no particular order.
Mugello and Imola <33333

·
Registered
4,139 Posts

- Mugello
- Phillip Island
- Brno
- Imola
- Catalunya

You forgot Cadwell Park on that list :BigGrin

And yeah if Iwas going to ride a track in that part of the world Qatar would be my choice.

·
Director of Moderation
9,938 Posts
You forgot Cadwell Park on that list :BigGrin

And yeah if Iwas going to ride a track in that part of the world Qatar would be my choice.
Yeah Losails flows better than Yas Marina. It'd be more fun for bikes IMO...but it's flat as a pancake as well.

I'd settle for Cadwell park probably as well, but from watching a full season of BSB, it seems like about 5-6 of the UK tracks are very very similar in nature. They all have lots of elevation, they're all pretty narrow, they all have grass runoff areas, and they all seem to be pretty twisty with no long straights...honestly had I not known what track they were at, watching on TV I wouldn't be able to tell much difference between Cadwell, Donnington, Brands Hatch, Snetterton, Thruxton, and Oulton Park :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts