Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace the clutch on my brother in laws 05 636, has any one of you guys used this barnett kit with the kevlar plates. And also if they aren't that great can anyone give me a link to manufacturers that sell the clutch parts. I have found a thousand sites to makie it look pretty and hardly any that really sell actual parts. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
barnett is junk in my book, i have ran them in the past with no luck at all, i would just stick with oem if i was u, when i changed my clutch out a couple of months ago i went back with versah fibers, kg steels & ebc HD clutch springs and my bike pulls like a rocket and power up wheelies are easy now than ever

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
In my experience oem clutch parts are the way to go. Always seem to have a bit better quality control and feel a bit smoother. www.ronayers.com has pretty good prices on oem stuff too:thumbup

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Ive used Barnett clutches for as long as I can remember.
And everyone I know also around here.
Well, I/we have never used their springs - too hard for a days ride.
(it only took once to learn that :))
Old CBs, KZs and Z1s and a brand new set in my ZX now.
Even an RD or two.
Out of all eight of us and all the bikes weve had....
:O NEVER had a prob.
Wait, once, years ago one disc was left out the box.
Got a whole new set out of it.
Other then that.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies! Even though I ride a CBR, I knew that a Ninja forum would be the best place to get info. In otherwords I will probably be askin more questions, as my brother-in-law is very hard on his ride.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
For the Suzuki TL, OEM plates and Barnett springs are the way to go too.

New Barnett plates have come in under minimum spec and a new set would have more slip than the worn out old set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts