1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'll be there on the 17th

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ahhhh dude everywhere I go online it's telling me to sign up for Barber. I just hate that drive.

I'm like 50/50, wonder how much time I'll have to decide before it sells out.

Only intermediate and advanced sounds awesome though.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
It's a 7 hour drive for me!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Still worth it

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be there on the 17th
Nice! You should say hi to me when you get there. :)

Ahhhh dude everywhere I go online it's telling me to sign up for Barber. I just hate that drive.

I'm like 50/50, wonder how much time I'll have to decide before it sells out.

Only intermediate and advanced sounds awesome though.
I live in Madison, WI and am caravanning with people from Michigan. Also, hey, if you're from Detroit, are you planning on doing either of the remaining Blackhawk days?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I live in Madison, WI and am caravanning with people from Michigan. Also, hey, if you're from Detroit, are you planning on doing either of the remaining Blackhawk days?
Nice! Yeah caravanning makes the trip much nicer.
Wont be at Blackhawk this year, but any chance I'll catch you at Grattan the weekend before Barber?

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
1100 miles away and we Minnesotans usually get a dozen or more to go.... not sure I will make it this year though--spent way too much and didn't make shit for a couple months- plus.... well recovery sucks ass

How the hell does a football player break their collarbone and be back throwing bullets at wide receivers in 8 weeks and I can't even reach over my shoulder yet in 10?--fucking sucks to get old..........

Test rode an R1 yesterday and the handlebars are damn near under me---it hurt my shoulder a ton..............fucking POS Yamajunk

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! Yeah caravanning makes the trip much nicer.
Wont be at Blackhawk this year, but any chance I'll catch you at Grattan the weekend before Barber?
Sadly no, I'm pretty broke after this race season and will be saving my rubber for Barber :yumyum

Done scheming, track time purchased. See you out there.
Nice!! You'll have to come say hello to me as well. :) My bike is pretty hard to miss.

1100 miles away and we Minnesotans usually get a dozen or more to go.... not sure I will make it this year though--spent way too much and didn't make shit for a couple months- plus.... well recovery sucks ass

How the hell does a football player break their collarbone and be back throwing bullets at wide receivers in 8 weeks and I can't even reach over my shoulder yet in 10?--fucking sucks to get old..........

Test rode an R1 yesterday and the handlebars are damn near under me---it hurt my shoulder a ton..............fucking POS Yamajunk
1. Getting old is no fun
2. Some racers ride on broken bones. As a track rider you're afforded the luxury of wanting to ride but not 'needing' to ride. :) If you watch the documenatry "Faster" Valentino mentions real people heal time and racer heal time. Made me chuckle.
3. Why would you ever even CONSIDER a Yamaha? HOW DARE YOU :laugh

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sadly no, I'm pretty broke after this race season and will be saving my rubber for Barber :yumyum
OH SNAP

You're Owen's friend Josiah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah dude I'm going to try and make Barber. I haven't seen any Chicago friends since April

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OH SNAP

You're Owen's friend Josiah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah dude I'm going to try and make Barber. I haven't seen any Chicago friends since April
Whoa whoa whoa...... have we already met..? HAHA

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No but we're facebook friends somehow lol.
I was supposed to come to ACC labor day and trackfest but didn't work out this season :thumbdown:
Holy hell..... we are! Small world. I did coaching for STT at blackhawk and have rode gingermand with them twice.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
3. Why would you ever even CONSIDER a Yamaha? HOW DARE YOU :laugh
customers bike ( I would not buy another Yamaha unless they once again were paying me to ride the damn thing, and even then I would have to think about it)..........test ride after fixing the clutch with the broken slipper springs and the toasted steels........

all in nearly $300 in parts to fix that mistake--someone was in there and put the slipper springs on the rivet heads and not down in their groove- so they bent over and broke and the pieces did a nice little number on the inner hub ad pressure plate

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just got back from Barber this weekend. It was a 400 mile drive but it was worth it! This was my third track day and it was by far the best track and track org of the 3 so far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts