Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know a guy with a silver ZX6 636 with red flame pinstripes and red rims. He may be a soldier or at least previously (He was wearing an ARMY pt jacket.) He was wearing a red helmet with lots of silver stripes in the design.

Guy was traveling north on I-79 near Clarksburg, WV. It was about 3:00 pm. Looked to me like maybe a car changed lanes into him or caused him to wreck. He was with a guy on a Suzuki. (He was ahead and didn't see what happend)

He appeared to be in bad shape. He was unconcious but the only visible injury I could see was his hip was scraped. I didn't notice much damage to his helmet, the shield was torn off. I got there just a few minutes after it happend and there was several medical type people working on him. I couldn't do much to help I tried to comfort his friend who was very upset. At first they kept saying he wasn't breathing but then appeared to start. I went up the highway a few hundred yards to slow traffic until the fire dept got there. I will be watching the news tonight to see if I can find out more.

They just installed these cable guardrails in the mediums this summer. They are great for saving cars but very dangerous for a motorcycle rider.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
thsta bad news man. Hope the guy is gunna be ok.. The cable guardrails are bad news, the do more harm than good to riders

·
Registered
553 Posts
It always sucks when people go down, let's hope he's alright and rides again when he gets better

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the news didn't give any details other than the guy apparently ran off the road and the car spun out trying to avoid him.

·
Registered
55 Posts
thats bad news, i hope he is ok

thsta bad news man. Hope the guy is gunna be ok.. The cable guardrails are bad news, the do more harm than good to riders
we've managed to stop those cable guardrails being used in this country purely because of how dangerous they are to bikers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked with a State Trooper friend of mine. He is supposed to find out for me. He had heard the call go out and remembered it because he is also a biker. We both agreed that the guy must not have been in too bad of shape because they transported him to the local hospital and not the trauma center another 20 miles away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts