Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 636 and my pipe is pretty broken. The tip is missing because (I'm pretty sure) the guy I bought it from tried to make it into a shortie and failed and lost the part he cut off. Anyways, I have no back pressure and I'm wondering, would that affect the power so much that I couldn't do a power wheelie? I plan on getting a new slip on in like two weeks anyhow but I was just curious. Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
When I rode around with mine off, the only thing I noticed was:

1) This thing's ungodly loud

2) You lose a pretty fair amount of power in the lower RPM range

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
If you don't have a fuel management device (power commander, bazzaz, etc) and you've got a shorter than stock pipe... yes. You've lost low and mid range power.

After the new pipe... get a power commander too and get it re-mapped. It'll pull for sure.

Or you can re-gear it. I just re-geared recently and the front wheel wants to climb if I'm in 1-3 gear and in the powerband.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh ok awesome thanks a lot guys! I was worry that it may have been something else. I'll repost once I get the new one and let you guys know the difference it made.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
That kind of thing will lean out the fuel mixture, and cause the symptoms those guys have talked about. Adding fuel back into the mix should help bring some of your power back.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
yeah try not to run it lean for too long, you can burn your valves.
Missing your exhaust tip isn't going to lean it out that much, chopping the mid-pipe like I did on my track bike will though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I got a new pipe the other day and put it on. The restoration of power is pretty substantial! Haven't tried any power wheelies yet but I suppose I'll save that for when it's not dark and/or wet out haha.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Missing your exhaust tip isn't going to lean it out that much, chopping the mid-pipe like I did on my track bike will though.
So your sayin like full exhuast from company X was put on a bike, but the muffler was taken off... It won't harm it to bad?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts