Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One month ago, today, I went down for the first time and my bike looked like this.

After four weeks of ordering parts and wrenching, she now looks like this and runs perfectly, like it never happened. To bring her back to life we had to replace the following parts:

Swingarm - Used OEM from Ebay
Oil Pan - New OEM from dealer
Stator Cover - Woodcraft from Sportbike Track Gear
Headlights - Used OEM from Ebay
Headlight Fairing - New OEM from Dealer
Right Side Upper Cowling - New OEM from Dealer
Meter Bracket - New OEM from Dealer
Air Box Assembly - New OEM from Dealer
Radiator Hose - New OEM from Dealer
Muffler - Used OEM from Ebay
Right Rearset - Used OEM from Ebay
Passenger Right Rearset - Used OEM from Ebay
Clutch Lever - New Speedmetal from Cycle Gear
Brake Lever - New Speedmetal from Cycle Gear
Windshield - New Puig from Dealer
Bar Ends - New Woodcraft from Sportbike Track Gear
Tank Sliders - New R&G from Twisted Throttle
Frame Sliders - New Woodcraft from Revzilla, still en route
Mirrors - purchasing today

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Looks better than ever. You calling her the Phoenix or something?
Glad you didn't give up riding, mate.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You have the cleaned garage ever! But definitely glad to see you get back on that horse. Looks great as well. Curious what everything replacement wise cost ya? I haven't been down yet(important word there) but have also just gone crazy imagining the cost of replacement for most of the parts that would be damaged.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Good to see anyone back from going down, it hurts the body and wallet but if you are a real rider it will never hurt the soul. Looks good.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have the cleaned garage ever! But definitely glad to see you get back on that horse. Looks great as well. Curious what everything replacement wise cost ya? I haven't been down yet(important word there) but have also just gone crazy imagining the cost of replacement for most of the parts that would be damaged.
Thanks! I cleaned up before the photo though because I had just installed the brake and clutch levers. If I were to turn the camera you'd see the pile of broken parts and pieces that came off of the bike. What a mess that is! :crazy

I have been keeping a tally and I spent $2,125 in parts. My wife and I did all of the labor except for the initial check of the frame by the local shop. That cost me $45 and another $60 to rent a U-Haul truck to go pick up the bike.

I estimate my local shop could have done this work in half of the amount of time that we did so take two weeks of labor, cut it in half, and multiply by $100/hr. I think we saved roughly $4,000 in labor costs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So about 2,200...not terribly though, Glad I have full coverage most certainly but never the less it's a bit reassuring to see a smaller number than I expected. And the work looks badass, I just need some darn space like most of you guys have so I can get a wrenchen on my shizit...No major work needed but I still wanna learn !! Again, glad you're back on the bike!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome work man, never good to see a fellow rider go down, but seeing how you got right back up and repaired your bike in so little time Is amazing !

Ride safe !
Thank you to everyone for the support. This machine on some days is the only reason I get out of bed. Getting it rolling again is pretty much all I have thought about since the crash. Now looking to expand my knowledge by fixing other machines.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Damn dude I'm happy for you. Mine is going a week in the shop and no money for repairs yet. Hope mine comes out like new as well. Good job. She's beautiful.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn dude I'm happy for you. Mine is going a week in the shop and no money for repairs yet. Hope mine comes out like new as well. Good job. She's beautiful.
Thanks Shorty. Let me know if you need help with yours at all. I have a gigantic collection of tools now because of my repair work. Even bought the special Kawasaki socket to tighten the special nut on the swingarm axle. Drop me a PM if there is anything you need or that I can help with.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts