Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't B1H / B2H mirrors just suck?!?!? :rant
They only have one function in life it appears, to show me my own elbows! :banghead
Does anyone have any top tips on improving them or any replacement parts that bolt straight on so i can actually see behind me?
Not that i'm paranoid or anything, but i need to see if i'm being followed...........they're all out to get me you see.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
There is always Mirror Extenders. I'm not sure how well they work though as I've never seen them installed. You can also go for bar end mirrors (What I have on the ER6n), they work much better than I thought but I'm not sure if they would look the tits on a sportsbike...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i saw some bar end mirrors at a show last weekend and thought the same. They'll work well BUT will probably make me look like some kind of Harley wannabe. NOT GOOD!
How do you get on with your mirrors Quarz?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I'm like a foot wide so I don't have a problem at all. At most I see about an inch of my upper arms, the rest is whats behind me. So I have no complaints!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I must have fat arms then! Only an average size brit (11stone / 72KG) but still hate my mirrors.
Thanks for link to mirror extensions. They want a lot of cash for a relatively minor problem though don't they!
Might end up just looking for alternative mirrors, they'll give a different look for about the same price. Just need some suggestions as to what's out there that fits ok. Tried some Motrax Elegant seiries mirrors with built in indicators like Gixxer items but all the angles were wrong and either looked like droopy hound ears or pricked up wolf ears, not good! (they're now for sale on ebay)
SO guys, what fits an 03-04 ZX6R???

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So it appears ALL ninjas have crap mirrors then!!!!
I thought it was just the Italians who made mirrors that you can only see yourself in.
Oh well, i'll just have to live with them then.......

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ninja Mirrors Suck....Big Time...

Last night on the way home from work I rode 1/4 mile with a Cop on my ass (w/ his lights on, no less) before I noticed him.

Luckliy he wasn't after me, even though I just got done darting in and out cars in a heavy traffic area.

Scared the shit outta me.:scared:

·
Registered
8 Posts
just pull your elbows in when you look, works for me. i know what you mean though, but i guess its either pull those elbows in or get those caravan mirrors

1 - 13 of 13 Posts