Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bit late because i was busy doing my research.

Turns out there is a solution for conventional cable operated throttles , made by DBS. I've been in contact with them and they've even shared a vid of the blipper in action. No idea how to post a vid, but you can youtube it if you're interested : matteo ciprietti tests pro shift DBS on zx6-RR
8 years later and this is exactly what i'm looking for! Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was looking for something else and stumbled on this thread.
I also have this system on my bike, I tied it to an existing fuse in the wiring harness, there is always power to the device, so I use a On/off switch to cut the power as not to drain the battery when the bike is parked.
I also mounted the solenoid underneath the tail, wanted the straightest path possible for the cable to the throttle bodies.

To the earlier poster that mentioned too much engine braking, in order to reduce that, I have the idle raised a bit, helps with on/off throttle as well.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Assuming this is for a track/race bike, you should be able to tie into the switched hot leading to the brake light switch on either of the master cylinders

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another small test with an Ftecu QS sensor added to enable GP shift. The autoblip seems to be working best at higher rpms with minimal to zero lurch. Any downshifts below 6k rpm seem to be super clunky with the blipper. I suppose they should be looking at RPM and throttle based adjustments for blip time and actuator travel in future versions.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Another small test with an Ftecu QS sensor added to enable GP shift. The autoblip seems to be working best at higher rpms with minimal to zero lurch. Any downshifts below 6k rpm seem to be super clunky with the blipper. I suppose they should be looking at RPM and throttle based adjustments for blip time and actuator travel in future versions.

Good to see you got everything working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 54 of 54 Posts