Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
I just bought one of these autoblippers from Proshift. I felt like I needed to spend my stimmy money before it floated away. Its a standalone unit. Theres a cable that replaces your idle adjustment screw and a solenoid on the other end that pushes on the throttle pulley. A hall effect sensor on the gear shift shaft tells the computer where the lever is at all times. Its a standalone unit with no software to set it up. Hook it up to switched power and go. From what I understood Dave (one of the engineers) was telling me, there is an adjustment screw on the solenoid that regulates the speed of the throttle opening to get the shifts to time correctly. Other than that there is no other adjustments. I’ll be sticking it on my 2016 and it looks like I’ll only have to make a small modification to the front sprocket cover to get the hall effect sensor to fit. Fingers crossed it doesn’t suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've been using this set-up on my 2019 bike. It's does work very well however there are times when I don't like to use it.

The new bike has to much engine braking to just slam 2nd gear downshifts when on fast entries. If you experience that you'll need to dial that out with tuning or just manually release the clutch lever slowly.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've been using this set-up on my 2019 bike. It's does work very well however there are times when I don't like to use it.

The new bike has to much engine braking to just slam 2nd gear downshifts when on fast entries. If you experience that you'll need to dial that out with tuning or just manually release the clutch lever slowly.
Did you find yourself adjusting the screw on the solenoid to change the speed of the actuation after changing sprockets? Or have you not had any trouble? Im guessing it comes with instructions but what wire did you use to get power to the unit?

·
Registered
778 Posts
When you get the unit you'll better understand the setup requirements. Did ProShift send you the instructions by email?
As for the actuator box you find it fits along side the battery. The rest of the mess goes up in the tail.
I just ordered it the other day. A lack of technical info on their website made me believe it might not come with instructions. Just wanted to be prepared.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I honestly would have bought all used 2020'ish parts & converted your bike to Throttle-by-Wire like the throttle bodies, throttle, ECU & wiring and then just flashed it with FTECU & use their QS'er with auto-blipper or if you wanted to stay OEM, buy the Kawasaki QS Kit.

Probably would've cost about the same, but less parts, more tunability, more precise and much smoother

·
Registered
778 Posts
the 2020 ZX6R bike is not throttle by wire.
nor is the 2021.
I have questions.
What does this switch do?

Also, how did you mount the solenoid and route the cable? Looks like the path with the least amount of kinks would be on the outside of the subframe by the rear passenger footpeg mounting holes. But, I don’t know how crash worthy that would be.
And what aftermarket throttle are you using?

·
Registered
778 Posts
-That button is the on /off switch.
-Mount the solenoid inside the sub frame along side the battery.
-motion pro. Only use one cable.
10-4. I ended up mounting it like this with 3m dual lock velcro.

There’s so much stuff underneath the seat now. The proshift stuff + the extra harness from the woolich race tools. Not sure how I feel about it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I can confirm its good for about 0.6 off my personal best which was good enough to win my first expert race.

Being able to focus 100% on braking makes it so much easier to shave time on corner entry. I honestly don’t even feel like I’m riding that hard. Worth the money.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi Backmarker,
how about the stock KQS shifter come with your 19' ZX6R, does it works with the DBS blipper setup?

thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi Backmarker,
how about the stock KQS shifter come with your 19' ZX6R, does it works with the DBS blipper setup?

thanks
It would as the DBS is a stand alone unit.
I'm using a Dyno Jet PCV w/ GP shift sensor as it allows me to adjust kill times for the up shift.

If I were setting up a "Full" race bike today I'd go with FT or Woolish and do it all through the ECU. That wasn't available yet when I built mine.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts