Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it about loud ass exhaust and revving the engine at every red light? I feel like, in socal anyway, having a loud ass exhaust is synonymous with revving your engine at every red light in order to get everyone to look at you. Frankly, its annoying as piss and serves zero purpose other then to annoy every single person around you. :thumbdown:

end of rant

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Revving at a red light makes me want to kill someone. I thought that was just for Harleys?
i wish. Had some dude pull up next to me at a red light today with four underseat exhaust pipes (never seen that before) and was revving away. About pierced my damn ear drums. I wear ear plugs too.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
What is it about loud ass exhaust and revving the engine at every red light? I feel like, in socal anyway, having a loud ass exhaust is synonymous with revving your engine at every red light in order to get everyone to look at you. Frankly, its annoying as piss and serves zero purpose other then to annoy every single person around you. :thumbdown:

end of rant
I agree. If I ever want attention at a light. I would just pop out a tit, like tHUG does. :laugh

http://zx6r.com/off-topic/52095-thug-s-man-boob-pic-s-sucks-steroid-side-effects.html

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
i wish. Had some dude pull up next to me at a red light today with four underseat exhaust pipes (never seen that before) and was revving away. About pierced my damn ear drums. I wear ear plugs too.
Four pipes under the seat, sounds like an MV Agusta.

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Lol

The best part about this post is how many members of this very forum are going to click out of it because they are the types to do that.

I rolled up on some dudes in club vests the other day. No gear, just vests and stiff elbows. It was really kind of amusing. They were sat right in front of me at a light hunched over their bars, looking from light to light waiting for the indication that theirs was going to turn green. I saw one of em look in his mirror and notice me as I was sat comfortably, arms propped on the gas tank, just chillin'. A few seconds later the revving began. Violent knee-jerk type macho rips on the throttle and then the characteristic "squid stomp" of putting the bike in gear prior to the inevitable launch off the line.

As I was laughing and shaking my head I glanced down at the car that was behind me and saw the driver giggling and shaking her head as well.

Yeah bro... you really don't look that cool.

Also: I just can't take a dude seriously who demonstrates ZERO finesse with his bike.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Lol

The best part about this post is how many members of this very forum are going to click out of it because they are the types to do that.

I rolled up on some dudes in club vests the other day. No gear, just vests and stiff elbows. It was really kind of amusing. They were sat right in front of me at a light hunched over their bars, looking from light to light waiting for the indication that theirs was going to turn green. I saw one of em look in his mirror and notice me as I was sat comfortably, arms propped on the gas tank, just chillin'. A few seconds later the revving began. Violent knee-jerk type macho rips on the throttle and then the characteristic "squid stomp" of putting the bike in gear prior to the inevitable launch off the line.

As I was laughing and shaking my head I glanced down at the car that was behind me and saw the driver giggling and shaking her head as well.

Yeah bro... you really don't look that cool.

Also: I just can't take a dude seriously who demonstrates ZERO finesse with his bike.
Lmfao, seen it many times, but this is the first time I've seen a term for it :laugh

Another thing is the people who rev as they back out of a parking space, or something like that :eh:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sometimes ill rev it up under a bridge, normally I do it when there is a stereotypical car under the bridge that might wanna race IE: Camaro, mustang or any import with a fart can, I just wanna lure them into thinking I wanna race because they seem to get upset when they get next to me and I just ignore them or hunch down like im gonna take off and then dont.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Revving at a red light makes me want to kill someone. I thought that was just for Harleys?
If the Harley riders don't do that their bikes die. So they have to sit there and keep whacking the throttle....lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
What the hell is wrong with you guys?? U guys should be ashamed of urselves for digging a hole and shoving ur head in it. Oouuuuh revving at a redlight is worng i never do it blalablana bullshit all you guys do it or have done it so man up and admit it. I do it. On a regular basis not purposly but i do it i love the sound i like the power i like the chicks on da sidewalk screaming for more when i do a burnout. Anybody driving anything will rev it. My grandpa revs his john deere for f sakes.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts