Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is thread really directed to other ATGATTs. If you are not one, I guess you can refer to this thread.

I'm just wondering what other ATGATTs do when they go out to a bar, a park, someone's house for a BBQ, etc... I have a pair of SMX-1 and kevlar jeans, but to tell you the truth after going down I don't trust them and I always wear full leather. I usually bring a set of clothes and shoes that I can change into, but for some occasions/places this is not the best option. Also finding a place to store your helmet, jacket, pants and boot can be hard.

So what do other ATGATT do?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bring a tail bag and a change of clothes, and stuff all my riding stuff into the bag. Most of the time ill just carry the helmet or put it some place safe.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure I could do that... I usually wear riding boots, leather jacket, back protector, leather pants, gloves... I think the only thing I could fit these into would be a luggage. lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is thread really directed to other ATGATTs. If you are not one, I guess you can refer to this thread.

I'm just wondering what other ATGATTs do when they go out to a bar, a park, someone's house for a BBQ, etc... I have a pair of SMX-1 and kevlar jeans, but to tell you the truth after going down I don't trust them and I always wear full leather. I usually bring a set of clothes and shoes that I can change into, but for some occasions/places this is not the best option. Also finding a place to store your helmet, jacket, pants and boot can be hard.

So what do other ATGATT do?
If I'm going to be stopping places & hanging out, or I'm going to work, I'll wear my regular clothes underneath textiles along with a back protector. They fold up a bit easier than leathers & can be stuffed into a backpack.
If you shell out the money for really good textiles, they offer plenty of protection for riding around town. Unless you're riding around town at +100mph... or something crazy. :lol:

Dainese has nice textiles for ladies with very hefty pads. I love them!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I'm going to be stopping places & hanging out, or I'm going to work, I'll wear my regular clothes underneath textiles along with a back protector. They fold up a bit easier than leathers & can be stuffed into a backpack.
If you shell out the money for really good textiles, they offer plenty of protection for riding around town. Unless you're riding around town at +100mph... or something crazy. :lol:

Dainese has nice textiles for ladies with very hefty pads. I love them!
I used to wear my Kevlar jeans and textile pants on top of it. But after going down while taking a course at less than 40kms/hour and seeing what happened to my pants, never again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I usually wear Kevlar jeans with knox knee pads underneath, jacket, gloves, boots and helmet. I can take most of that off when I get to my destination and put it in a friends car or keep it with me nearby. If I'm going somewhere that wearing all of my gear isn't feasible or acceptable, I just take my car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I used to wear my Kevlar jeans and textile pants on top of it. But after going down while taking a course at less than 40kms/hour and seeing what happened to my pants, never again.
Yea textiles are usually one crash stuff.
I'm not saying it's as good as leathers but a good pair of textiles will hold up pretty well during a crash. I've done it at 55mph.
Unfortunately there is no perfect solution...
Giving up some protection or just deal with full leathers & luggage bags whenever you ride to a social gathering.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Who needs social gatherings?

I ride to ride, not to get to a destination, unless the distination involves more riding.

Lock the helmet to the bike during lunch stops (or at your friends BBQ) or carry it in with you, jacket on the back of the chain or whatever, gloves either under seat or inside helmet or inside jacket sleeve, pants and boots stay on

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I wear a leather jacket, leather overpants, gloves, boots and helmet. When I go to a restaurant, I just take off the overpants, gloves and helmet and ask the host/hostess where I can stash them - never had a restaurant tell me they don't have anywhere. Then I sit with the jacket and keep the boots on

Only other places I really go are people's houses or work - both of which allow me to bring my stuff in and set it somewhere and change :O

What kinds of locations are you talking about going to? Only location I see at all problematic would be the park - and I'd just park the bike where I can see it and leave everything there (that's what I do for soccer games :O )

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.. for me depending on where I go, having to bring a different pair of shoes and pants, and having to store all my gear can be a pain in the ass.

For example, I like doing sight seeing and outdoor photography, so sometimes you can't really park the motorcycle at a location where you can watch it, so you have to carry all your gear. I also go to social dancing events, and coming in looking like a power ranger is sometimes not ideal. lol

Maybe I should look at some alternative riding clothes... maybe I'm being too much of an ATGATT. :-/

This is what I wear all the time anyways:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
My answer is: If I decide to go on the bike, I pack normal clothes. If it's a bike social event I just keep my boots n pants on.

If it's another kind of social event I just take the car. If no car available, go back to my 1st statement.

Gonna be different for me this year when riding street in a 1pc. I just love to show off my gear!

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
I've showed up at many gatherings in my gear, I'm always the guy in leather.

Reactions: NitrusReigns
1 - 15 of 15 Posts