Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new pair of Astars SP-2 and while trying them on I noticed the gloves were extremely tight in my normal size (XL) but then when I go up to 2XL the fingers are like 15 feet long (I may have embellished that a bit).

I'm in good shape, am 6ft tall and do not have huge hands.

Anyone else experience this? Maybe I need to go back to the XL and just try to stretch them through conditioning?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't have good luck with A* gloves in sizing or normal wear/tear. I surely wouldn't trust my hands in them in a wreck.

I wouldn't go a size smaller and try to stretch them. They tend to wear holes through the fingers as it is.

Sorry if you didn't want my opinion on A* gloves, but I feel it necessary to let people know after my personal experiences with them as well as the experiences I've read online and first hand (no pun intended) experience I've personally seen on the track.
-Cody

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have good luck with A* gloves in sizing or normal wear/tear. I surely wouldn't trust my hands in them in a wreck.

I wouldn't go a size smaller and try to stretch them. They tend to wear holes through the fingers as it is.

Sorry if you didn't want my opinion on A* gloves, but I feel it necessary to let people know after my personal experiences with them as well as the experiences I've read online and first hand (no pun intended) experience I've personally seen on the track.
-Cody
This is good info and I appreciate it. My boots and jacket seem pretty solid quality although the boots are also narrow and a size up would be far to long but just fit the width of my foot.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I can't wear A*s race gloves. The fingers are just to small. They are so tight in diameter it cut's the circulation off and my fingers go numb. That's if they length fits them. I've tried one and two sizes larger but by the time they get to be the right diameter the fingers are way too long. Probably wonderful gloves for women or thin fingered men but not for me.

Some of there street/sport gloves are ok but it's hit or miss on the sizing. I have to try them on before I will buy them as a result.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't wear A*s race gloves. The fingers are just to small. They are so tight in diameter it cut's the circulation off and my fingers go numb. That's if they length fits them. I've tried one and two sizes larger but by the time they get to be the right diameter the fingers are way too long. Probably wonderful gloves for women or thin fingered men but not for me.

Some of there street/sport gloves are ok but it's hit or miss on the sizing. I have to try them on before I will buy them as a result.
That about sums up my experience with my new XXL's. I didn't realize how long the fingers were until they started dragging on the clutch lever after I had bought them.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
This is good info and I appreciate it. My boots and jacket seem pretty solid quality although the boots are also narrow and a size up would be far to long but just fit the width of my foot.
I have A* boots that I like and their suits seem to be of good quality as well, but their gloves suck...and a google search of alpinestar glove failure would probably net you a lot more people with the same opinion.
-Cody

·
Registered
255 Posts
The gloves definitely run smaller than normal. I would try them on before you pulled the trigger or use Revzilla. They exchange for free no restocking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts