Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The race fairing came in today from Armourbodies. Since there is nothing yet posted or vids about it..might as well do a small report. Haven't put them on yet but did some exploratory work first. So far investigated the seat area and the one thing that is not mentioned on their sight is that you have to cut the draft pan. This will be tough as you have to get it right so it matches up with the part. Measure 10x cut once. Have to trim by the square area where the old fender bolted to.
I weighed everything which is something that is not listed or apparently known. I called and asked and even they did not have wights listed.
upper fairing 4lbs
lower 2 lbs
seat 2 lbs
fender 1 lb
should be good weight reduction, mostly in the front. the seat area panels do not weigh much.

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Did you have to do a lot of trimming or make brackets to get it to fit properly?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope..no brackets..Holes drilled where specified..Fits perfect..well worth the extra money. Figure on a full day to do it..most of it taking apart the fairings. The only thing to cut is the plastic under the seat where the tail light mounts to. Right where the fender bolted to. You cut it a little long so you can tuck it under the seat. The lower may have to be cut to accommodate different exhausts. It a full pan. Have to see today when my exhaust comes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its done for now..new battery, Graves exhaust. One thing sucked with the exhaust..they didn't supply the nut to bolt it on with the stock bolt..had to cut the nut free of the mid chamber. But it fits and sound great...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its done for now..new battery, Graves exhaust. One thing sucked with the exhaust..they didn't supply the nut to bolt it on with the stock bolt..had to cut the nut free of the mid chamber. But it fits and sound great... View attachment 106667 View attachment 106668
looks awesome I went with a MIVV system on my 2020 have you flashed the ecu and blocked the ais yet?

it will sound completely different once you do.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet..probably going to get the headers..then do it next season

1 - 7 of 7 Posts